Lead Connectivity/ Interoperability Specialist- Ultrasound
Business Unit: Ultrasound
Requisition Number: 228325
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Issaquah
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Healthcare Division develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. As a global leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, and healthcare information technology, we have a keen understanding of the entire patient care continuum-from prevention and early detection to diagnosis and treatment.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
The Lead Connectivity/Interoperability specialist is a test expert position in PLM within Ultrasound. Responsibilities include managing a lab and testing system software and applications in the area of DICOM and Connectivity solutions. You will test and troubleshoot solutions for the current and next generation products using the latest software development/test methodologies & tools.
- Lead connectivity testing for all Ultrasound products within the organization.
- Manage connectivity lab locally and offshore. Interact with other sites to extend connectivity support and services.
- Design specification for interoperability tests. Create and execute formal, exploratory, and regression test cases. Transfer test cases to Master library. Technical lead for a small team of global connectivity testers.
- Test content in detail taking into account the integration and risk scenarios of the products to be tested. Create the test plan, test specifications by selecting test cases from the Interoperability Master test specification, create new test cases, and define Exploratory testing scenarios.
- Conduct and document interoperability testing between multiple products and test tools. Apply integration scenarios according to respective products on product-independent specification of the test cases.
- Document defects and drive their resolution by utilizing expertise
- Identify improvements in test execution, based on analysis, and on the basis of updates to standards. Implement the appropriate enhancements in the Interoperability Master test specification and update procedures and work instructions.
- Analyze customer projects with regard to interoperability issues. Maintain a knowledge store about known interoperability challenges.
· Carry out interoperability testing in cooperation with other OEM manufacturers/certification bodies.
· Conduct interoperability tests at (International) events e.g. IHE Connectathon on a yearly basis. Help partner organization test their products simultaneously at these events.
· Monitor the activity of selected international interoperability bodies, make relevant information known in the organization, and initiate necessary measures if necessary.
· Work closely with cross-functional teams in requirements gathering and design. Point person for issues of application and interpretation of interoperability standards. Keep in close contact with the teams regarding the interoperability needs of the products and solution projects.
· Interacting with global teams to promote consistency and maximize synergies across common infrastructure and services for Connectivity
· Provide expertise towards developing Connectivity solution to help integrate the Ultrasound system into clinical workflow environments. Support design evolution across multi-generation product releases
· Leverage technical and clinical depth to work on as necessary business initiatives aimed at innovation and quality excellence. Troubleshooting customer issues and provides quick feedback with travel if necessary.
1. Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related computer field
2. 8 plus year experience in software development and testing.
3. Software development cycle and test driven development experience.
4. Ultrasound preferably or related medical device background.
5. Experience with Connectivity solutions between Medical devices, PACS and HIS/RIS systems.
6. Knowledge of DICOM standards and implementation methods. Experience in DICOM SR. Knowledge in various DICOM libraries / toolkits
7. Experience in troubleshooting Connectivity issues. Good skills in knowing how to debug software issues. Demonstrated experience with testing medical device software.
8. Effective written and verbal communication skills for presenting, discussing, and documenting technical information.
Project Manager, Test Lead, Product Owner, Software and Hardware developers, Systems engineers, Testers, Clinical, Ultrasound engineers, Service, Quality etc.
Expertise in the fields of
· Clinical workflows and their interoperability challenges
· Test methods and processes
· Product knowledge (of all relevant), in particular the interoperability aspects
· Two healthcare IT standards such as DICOM and HL7 (CDA, FHIR)
· IHE profiles from preferably two domains
· Semantic Interoperability Standards
· Very good written and spoken communication skills
Connectivity, Interoperability, DICOM, PACS, Hospital Networking IT, Structured Report (SR).