Procurement Specialist 3
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 228360
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Hoffman Estates
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence,
innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years.
As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages
that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and
established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas,
Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility,
Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
Performs complex tactical buying strategies to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of supplies and materials; expedites as needed and serves as liaison between vendors and users, getting prior approval for purchases in excess of established limits. Resolves complex delivery, quality or other related problems with purchases and invoices. Updates project plans and purchasing systems; reviews and analyzes requisitions and supply plans for domestic and international purchases. Negotiates prices, terms and quality requirements; prepares requests for quotes and assists in the development of new supply sources; evaluates market conditions. Performs value analysis to identify cost improvements.
Independently performs full range of standard work for the professional field. Refers complex, unusual problems to others. Identifies and resolves more
complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
Other responsibilities include:
1. Placing and managing orders with external suppliers as well as internal suppliers, while managing open orders and past due deliveries. Manage MRP exception messages to push / pull or place new orders.
2. Place non-production SRM orders in support of manufacturing plant
3. Coordinate engineering change process for assigned parts
4. Daily resolution of issues pertaining to invoicing and payment on the MRBR problem log
5. Set up Kanban process for production parts
6. Publish and confirm open order reports to suppliers
7. Daily update of production shortage report
8. Work closely with multi-departments and/or cross-functional areas to troubleshoots and resolves problems on POs
7. Proactively follow up on open POs and expedite with supplier as required.
8. Issue forecasts to external and internal suppliers
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 5-10 years in a tactical buyer role.
- Strong verbal and written communication, along with excellent decision making and time management skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft office products.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Previous tactical buying experience highly preferred.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office applications (especially Excel preferred).
- Siemens internal system such as EZ-Suite.
- APICS certification