Solution Architect - Camstar - Any Major U.S. City
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 228361
Primary Location: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 75%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
- Provides specialist MOM product expertise by consulting, advising, recommending, designing, configuring, and where appropriate deploying, specific solutions in own area of specialism for standard projects, leveraging relevant best practices and templates, in order for the Siemens PLM Software solution to be delivered successfully and provide value to the customer.
- Supports project/program management activities to control scope, cost, schedule and quality and in line with program & project processes and messaging, interact with the customer to support the management of customer expectations and support customer adoption.
- Leads the MOM architectural design elements in own area of specialist product domain solutions to address business requirements.
- May act as project MOM solution work stream lead for specific project MOM work streams on small to medium projects requiring a full time specialist resource, supporting project management activities such as estimating, work package breakdown and project planning and monitoring.
- Provides input to Product Development in the creation of the MOM product roadmap and influence the design of new MOM product functionality and industry solutions in own area of product specialization.
- In line with project processes and messaging, interact with the customer to support the management of customer expectations and support customer adoption.
- Works under self-management within projects of basic to moderate scope and/ or task constraints and will provide input to define MOM solutions, methods and procedures on assignments.
- Provides guidance and mentoring on the design, configuration, configuration and deployment of standard MOM technical solutions to Consultants and other Architects for own area of specialism.
- Actively participates in Communities of Practice, in own area of specialist knowledge, and contribute to the definition of new, and maintenance of existing, MOM best practices and templates, providing experiences to support continual improvement.
- Bachelors: degree in engineering or computer related subjects required (or lower qualifications with relevant work experience)
- 3+ years of experience with MOM solution architecting experience in one or more of: MES, QMS, LIMS
- 3+ years of experience with multi-tiered, LAN and WAN integrated systems and solutions
- 3+ years of experience with Software Development Lifecycles (SDLC), best practices, standards, and testing approaches
- 1+ year of experience with customer requirements gathering and design writing
- 3+ years of experience with MOM software configuration or development experience in a project environment
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) skills – Intermediate
- Self-managed; strong communication skills (written and oral); leadership of a small teams
- Customer-facing experience and related soft skills
- Travel: 75% required
- Location: Major U.S. City near a Major Airport
- Experience in discrete and/or process industry manufacturing environments
- Experience developing systems that integrate corporate solutions (PLM, ERP, WHMS, etc.) and controls level solutions (test equipment, OPC, PLCs, flat-file, etc.)
- Siemens MOM product experience, such as: Simatic IT Production Suite or UADM; Camstar, QSYS, SIT R&D Suite