Crane Operator - 2nd Shift
Business Unit: Supply Chain Management
Requisition Number: 228366
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Fort Madison
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
CRANE OPERATOR *Starts at $20.70/hr + Shift Differential
*Starts at $20.70/hr + Shift Differential
Primary Function - Operate overhead cranes in order to move molds, blades, webs, dorns and other equipment.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Possess or has ability to acquire a forklift and crane operator’s license from the Safety Department
3. Ability to utilize Respirator and Hearing Protection as required
1. Ability to read and understand metric measuring system.
2. Previous crane experience preferred.
3. Within the qualifying period the employee must demonstrate a satisfactory proficiency in Crane Operator responsibilities
4. Available for overtime for up to 12 hour days and on Weekends
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following are the major job duties but this job description does not preclude the performance of other duties by the incumbent.
1. Use all required safety equipment and follow established safety procedures.
2. Receive and perform work assignments, oral and/or written and follow work instructions.
3. Document, organize, and retain all findings of evaluations and inspections in a timely manner.
4. Interpret drawings, sketches, etc. to obtain material and dimensional information with minimal supervision.
5. Set up, operate, and maintain a variety of equipment to assemble, inspect, and evaluate parts per accepted Siemens or industry standards.
6. Perform visual inspections of all equipment including crane and necessary components identified for the process.
7. Move molds, blades, webs, mandrels and other equipment as needed.
8. Work with or under the direction of managers and engineers.
9. Assist with the assembly or disassembly of components, verifying dimensions or set-ups as required
10. Keep work areas in a clean and orderly condition. Return tools to proper storage location at conclusion of job/shift operations. Utilize Lean and 5S principles.
11. Follow all applicable specifications and procedures regarding the performance of shop operations.
12. May provide technical direction and training of other employees as required.
13. Support and apply team concepts and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy values in daily activities.
Must be able to successfully pass pre employment drug screening and background checks.