Fabricator - 3rd Shift
Business Unit: Supply Chain Management
Requisition Number: 228370
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Fort Madison
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
*Starts at 19.70/hr + Shift Differential
Follows written work instructions to lay materials in the mold to begin the creation of the blade. Utilizes hand and power tools as well as the metric system to prepare the material. This position reports to the Group Lead of Fabrication.
A Fabricator must:
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner
- Function as a member of a smaller team to lay materials in/on a large mold
- Be able to comprehend and follow written work instructions for the 18 hour pack process and document appropriately
- Use hand and power tools to get the materials to lay precisely in the mold
- Have great attention to detail while working to a deadline
- Have a positive attitude, work well with others, and implement constructive criticism
- Utilize 5S and LEAN principles to ensure their work is being completed as efficiently as possible
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least one year of experience in a manufacturing/construction or similar environment (or commensurate education) or 3 months of experience as a Siemens contractor
- Must have experience working with hand tools, power tools, lifting equipment, and utilizing the metric system
- Must be able to work 2nd or 3rd shift and be available for overtime on weekdays and weekends
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Certification or 2 year degree in Construction, Manufacturing, Welding, or other related studies preferred
- NCRC of at least a Silver is preferred
- Positive attendance and employment history
Candidates must be able to successfully pass a pre employment drug screen and background check.