Mold Operator - 2nd Shift
Business Unit: Supply Chain Management
Requisition Number: 228371
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Fort Madison
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
*Starts at $20.70/hr + shift differential
PRIMARY FUNCTION - Perform required process control actions to ensure equipment and materials meet process requirements. Inject resin mixture into the molds according to specific work instructions
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Must have the ability to fulfill requirements of Epoxy Awareness training and wear required PPE
1. Demonstrate ability to read and understand the metric measuring system
2. Possess or have ability to acquire a fork-lift driving license by passing company test requirements.
3. Within the qualifying period the employee must demonstrate a satisfactory proficiency in Mold Operation responsibilities
4. Available for overtime for up to 12 hour days and on Weekends
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following are the major job duties but this job description does not preclude the performance of other duties by the incumbent.
1. Use all required safety equipment and follow established safety procedures.
2. Receive and perform work assignments, oral and/or written and follow work instructions.
3. Document the injection process for each mold on a timely basis.
4. Set up, operate, and maintain a variety of equipment per accepted Siemens or industry standards.
5. Perform required tests and inspections per process specifications.
6. Monitor temperature and humidity in the work area.
7. Properly dispose of spent resin mixtures.
8. Perform visual inspections of all materials and equipment required for the process.
9. Work with or under the direction of managers or engineers.
10. Keep work areas in a clean and orderly condition. Return tools to proper storage location at conclusion of job/shift operations. Utilize Lean and 5S principles.
11. Follow all applicable specifications and procedures regarding the performance of shop operations.
12. May provide technical direction and training of other employees as required.
13. Support and apply team concepts and Siemens values in daily activities.
Must be able to successfully pass a pre employment drug screen and background checks.