Quality Engineer - NDE Level III
Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 228376
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Rural Hall
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit:
Quality Engineer - NDE Level III
Rural Hall, NC
The Siemens Winston Service Center in Rural Hall, NC is looking for an NDE Level III position for nondestructive testing and development for power generation parts based at our Winston-Salem, NC plant. This position will be responsible for the qualification, development and certification of internal NDE personnel, development and implementation of new NDE processes and procedures, and support plant NDE activities. This position requires excellent communication skills and teaming with the Manufacturing and Repair organizations. NDE Technologies used include advanced tools like C-Scan and Phased Array UT, PT, MT, ECT, RT, Thermal Infrared NDE and automated systems and software.
• Perform training, qualification and certification activities for a diverse group of NDE professionals.
• Develop inspections, technique sheets, create procedures and implement nondestructive tests.
• Document and present development and inspection results to various levels of engineering and management.
• Define and track part-specific solutions for quality problems in the repair and new part phases of power generation components.
• Support failure analysis, define and implement corrective actions.
• Conduct or assist in Probability of Detection (POD) studies and measurements for determination of NDE inspection performance and capability.
• Perform other duties as required, work independently and create opportunities without direct supervision.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Minimum two year degree in an engineering related field, higher level degree is a plus. Experience considered in lieu of engineering degree.
• Current ASNT Level III certification in at least three of the following: UT, RT, ECT, PT, MT, VT, TIR.
• Expert knowledge of NDE guidelines, standards, procedures and certification requirements.
• Candidate requires a high level of capability in leadership, data analysis, organization, quality and communication. NDE Liaison.
• Experience with NDE development and the inspection of complex parts and assemblies (Forgings, Castings, etc.) in accordance with standard procedures, specifications, methods and practices.
• Knowledge of manufacturing techniques, quality principles, Six Sigma, FMEA and Root Cause Analysis.
• Experience in project management, IT / computer tools, processes and methods, computer programming skills are a plus.
• Business fluent in English, second language a plus.
• 2-5+ years of relevant experience
• Experience and knowledge in co-operation with different cultures/languages
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States