Business Unit: Supply Chain Management
Requisition Number: 228378
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Fort Madison
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/wind-power-and-renewables.htm
Finisher - Repair *S
*Starts at $20.70/hr + shift differential
A Finisher in Repair corrects imperfections created in the casting process. Uses autobody (fiberglass) collision repair methods to remove structural and aesthetic imperfections to ensure the structure is sound and the paint process will go smoothly. This position reports to the Repair Group Lead.
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner utilizing all PPE
- Read, comprehend, and follow the work instructions given for each repair so work is completed in the correct steps
- Use a DA (orbital and random) 6” grinder to remove imperfections and bevel edges of repair area within tolerance
- Use hand tools to apply fiberglass, resin, and epoxy to rebuild voids and complete surface preparation for the paint process
- Work under pressure to complete work on tight time deadlines
- Have a positive attitude, work well with others, and implement constructive criticism
- Ability to assess all of the repairs needed and plan the order in which to complete the repairs
- Utilize 5S and LEAN principles to ensure their work is being completed as efficiently as possible
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year of auto body collision repair or industrial grinding experience, or 3 months of experience as a contractor at Siemens in the Repair department required.
- Experience comprehending and following written work instructions
- Ability to use department PPE including: Tyvex protective suit, mask/shield, Positive Air Pressure Respirator/hood, and gloves.
- Ability to go into small spaces inside of the blade to complete repairs
- Ability to differentiate colors to see imperfections
- Must be able to work 2nd or 3rd shift and be available for overtime on weekdays and weekends
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- AA degree in Autobody Collision Repair or equivalent experience with Fiberglass and resin repair highly preferred.
- NCRC of a Silver or higher highly preferred
- Positive attendance and employment history
Must be able to successfully pass a pre employment drug screen and criminal background check.