Business Unit: Dresser-Rand
Requisition Number: 228386
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Salem
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens sets the standard for excellence in power generation, transmission and distribution, and provides innovative customer solutions – from utilities, to industrial space, to oil and gas companies. Siemens’ portfolio includes power plants and power-generating equipment, turbines for use as mechanical drives, compressors for industrial applications, power transmission and distribution systems, smart grid applications, and related instrumentation and control systems.
For more information, please visit:
The Resource Planner will be generally responsible for material planning & scheduling and production planning & scheduling for the manufacture of industrial products.
- Develops detailed purchase plans and production schedules based upon engineering specifications and customer requirements. Bill of material (BOM), router, and material requirements planning (MRP) software may be utilized to facilitate the planning and communications processes.
- Assists with the development of production plans for new products.
- Develops and integrates suppliers, processes, materials, data and technology to meet manufacturing and delivery related requirements.
- Works with production supervision to monitor production activity.
- Actively participates in efforts to ensure a smooth, controlled flow of materials and services, timed to meet production requirements.
- Coordinates material movement between receiving and production areas.
- Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems. Recommends and implements corrective actions as required.
- Initiates work orders or purchase requests for parts, materials, and services based upon a master production schedule.
- Performs and documents inventory audits as required.
- Prepares and maintains manual and/or computerized production records/reports. The documentation may include inventory reports, in-process production reports, status of materials reports, and monthly production summary reports.
- Develops manufacturing concepts and strategies to support the business objective.
- Proactively participates in continuous improvement and waste reduction projects.
- Maintains a safe working environment and a commitment to safety excellence.
- Four year degree
- At least five years production planning experience.
- Experience with production scheduling.
- Experience with materials inventory and material flow management.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Experience as a production planner in a light/medium industrial setting.
- Experience with material allocation.
- Experience with BOM, router and MRP software.
- Experience with Engineering, Sales, Production and Customer project interfacing.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow assembly instructions.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow blueprints and diagrams.
- Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must be able to understand mechanical assembly.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Must have patience, attention to detail, and willingness to learn.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of the organization and customers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and use a computer for long periods of time.
Employee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Must not have allergies or issues related to handling metals including aluminum, copper, bronze, and steel.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, heated mechanical parts, adhesive fumes, airborne particles, and energized electrical systems. While the work area may be described as generally clean, safe, and "not loud", there will be machining operations that generate moderate noise and metal flakes.