Biochemist - Immunoassay Technical Operations
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 228425
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-East Walpole
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
This position is in the Technical Operations department, supporting the manufacturing process by troubleshooting manufactured goods to be used with the ADVIA Centaur and Atellica immunoassay platforms.
* Works in the laboratory running Centaur, CP, and Atellica instruments with serum and other biological fluids of human and animal origin.
* Coordinates and performs data analysis from Centaur runs, and writes internal reports and documentation.
* Assists in authoring risk assessment documents, characterization protocols, characterization reports, verification protocols and verification reports.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* BS in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry;
* 2+ Years job related experience
* Good understanding and knowledge of polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies and principles of immunodiagnostic technology as well as experience with immunoassays.
* Demonstrated ability to interpret data and to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
* Experience with automated immunoassay analyzers and/or ELISA and chemiluminescent technology
* Strong work ethic, excellent written and communication skills, and the ability to work as a project leader as well as independently.
* Must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to switch priorities to meet business needs.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* Advanced degree preferred: Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry;
* Protein chemistry and chromatography knowledge and experience
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office