Assembly Supervisor 2nd Shift (Floor)
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 228430
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Grand Prairie
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
The Production Supervisor manages all activities associated with their front line team, in order to positively impact the overall department. High level targets will consist of injury free work place, improved first pass yield, improved on time delivery of product and increased productivity. This is an opportunity to lead a diverse team of 35-45 hourly manufacturing, fabrication associates with varying levels of experience. This role is expected to develop individuals and the team to solve operational issues and motivate team members to achieve performance targets. This plant is a part of Siemens Industry, Low Voltage Products.
- Building a team of skill manpower aligned with the business requirement.
- Execute orders in cost effective manner within the promised/ scheduled dates.
- Ensure safe working environment and Zero harm culture.
- Meets/ exceeds the daily/ weekly and monthly KPIs.
- Identifies resource needs and recommend/ implement/ validate process changes as per business/ customer requirements.
- Troubleshoots and drive corrective/ preventive actions.
- Drive continual improvement programs.
- Completes production schedule by scheduling and assigning personnel.
- Accomplishing work results, establishing priorities, monitoring progress, revising schedules, resolving line constraint problems, and reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Oversee/conduct training of employees, including documentation and effectiveness.
- Conduct annual employee performance reviews.
- Responsible for SAP production related reporting.
- Responsible for man hour recording and reconciliation for productivity tracking.
- Liaison between hourly and salary production related processes.
- Support M.Es with SPS projects and implementation.
- Works closely with planner, buyer and warehouse to ensure material availability and schedule adherence and delivery reliability.
- Responsible for backup activities for team: buyer, planner, warehouse supervisor.
- Support a work environment that promotes environmental, quality and safety values.
- Administration duties including time management, attendance, holiday planning, build plan review and backorder review.
- Develops/recommends improvements of facilities, equipment or procedures to improve safety, quality, environmental and efficiency.
- Mechanical aptitude and the ability to analyze and improve processes.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Maintains working relationship with the union by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
Required Education /Knowledge/ Skills and Experience:
1. Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience required.
2. 2 + years experience working as a Lead or Foreman or Supervisor.
3. 2 + years experience in process improvement / lean manufacturing methodologies.
4. Experience of managing teams in a unionized environment.
5. Strong Microsoft Excel & Power point skills.
6. Demonstrated ability to work in a results-orientated, challenging environment.
7. Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation & team building skills.
8. 5% travel (domestic and/or international) required.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment.