Director IT Security
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 228444
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Milford
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
Operational Management of the Siemens SISW Information Security and Cyber Security programs. Support concept development, architecture, implementation and operation of SISW global Information Security Solutions and services, e.g. endpoint security, Application security, Network Security, and Cyber defense. Recognized as an industry expert in Cyber defense, Information Security Technology and Security Analytics. Further development of Information Security strategy and governance. Support coordination and alignment of global Information Security Community in security projects.
Leveraging a threat based approach, the Cyber Security Teams focuses on coalescing critical infrastructure event logs and using big data analytic processes to monitor for aberrations in normal operational characteristics to determine if a malware, worms, viruses, or worse advanced persistent threats have penetrated the security perimeter and preventions in place within the PL infrastructure. In addition, the Cyber Security Teams takes appropriate actions to understand the objectives of threat actors targeting PL intellectual property or the intellectual property of its customers and authors PL threat actor profiles. Teams engages with the appropriate business sponsors and recommends innovative prevention measures as well as leading effective remediation strategies. Teams have a thorough understanding of Siemens AG & PL’s infrastructure and assesses the impact of newly discovered vulnerabilities and engages where appropriate to implement mitigation techniques.
The Director of IT DF PL PMO GCS, leads the IT Security organization reporting to the PL SR. VP of IT. The overall responsibility covers the management of approximately 11 employees worldwide.
- Understands strategic business goals, objectives and needs required to Develop and manage the Global Cyber Security Team (GCST) that focuses on providing Siemens SISW with a best in class Cyber Security program that focuses on prevention, detection, and remediation.
- Plans and manages the Global Cyber Security Team (GCST) budget through favorable operating & capital budget variances and forecast reliability.
- Evaluation of market standards and available technologies and solutions in the areas of Cyber security and threat vectors.
- Relationship Management between BP functions, GS IT, SISW business segments-, and Zone Senior Managers.
- Define Information Security Action plans in coordination PL SR. VP of IT and Industry Sector CISO
- Ensure Information Security program initiates, drives, and controls Information Security projects to enhance technical security infrastructure and organizational security.
- Ensures all Siemens Information Security mandates are reviewed and addressed in a timely fashion.
- Strategy Development; ongoing enhancement and continuous improvement of the Information Security Strategy.
- Topic owner for Information Security technology topics, all network security, vulnerability identification and all application security. This includes the service governance and operations of all these topics on a regional basis, including budget management.
- Leads the Merger and Acquisition response work streams for Information Security and Cyber Security
- Manage the Cyber Security and Information Security
organizations comprised of 11 staff members
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or equivalent experience in IT Security
- 10+ years of industry experience
- 6+ yrs. of technical experience
- 8+ years of work experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to new environment and technologies.
- Excellent communication skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- GIAC, CSSIP, or similar certification is a plus.
- Preferred past experience (12+)
- Experience managing a high performing Cyber Security organization
- Knowledgeable of GDPR regulations in order to do effective attack detection within various country regulations
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.