Engineering Specialist II- HVAC
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 228446
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Mechanicsburg
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global
technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation,
quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global
technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup
provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets,
the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and
Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital
Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Engineering Specialist II
Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for an Engineering Specialist II to support our Service Automation group in Central Pennsylvania. The Engineering Specialist supports Service execution and also manages and executes multiple, smaller projects from pre-booking to customer acceptance. He or she supervises, directs, and motivates the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover, and warranty of assigned projects
· Attends pre-booking and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate the accuracy of sales estimate and job layout. Reviews plans, specifications, and contract to determine project requirements.
· Designs, plans, and handles start-up functions on selected control systems based on project plans, specifications, and contract documents.
· Prepares submittals containing schematics, descriptions and technical literature for the approval of the owner's representative or as required. Obtains submittal approval and prepares as built drawings.
· Troubleshoots possible issues including identifying and debugging software, electrical or pneumatic and installation problems.
· Selects product sizes, types, and location placement to ensure products meet specification requirements.
· Prepares database and job related programming for computer-based systems. Prepares and justifies engineering re-estimate reports.
· Provides on-site assistance or performs the installation and start-up, checkout and turnover process.
· Organizes and maintains the job folder and updates pertinent job related information.
· Participates in job site final walk-through on assigned jobs and completes all job closeout documentation.
· Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed.
· Coordinates work with subcontractors.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· HS diploma or equivalent required.
· Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
· Successfully demonstrates advanced knowledge of a technical or specialty area.
· Demonstrated self starter with excellent communications skills.
· Troubleshooting skills in mechanical and electrical systems.
· Capable of working with teams of individuals as well as on one’s own.
· Must be knowledgeable with MS Word and Excel.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
· Individual must be capable of working on construction sites and have a commitment following safety practices.
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in the area of Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science fields.
· Previous Building Automation or DDC Controls experience.
· AutoCAD and/or drafting experience.
· Demonstrated self starters with excellent communications skills.