Building TechnologiesBusiness Unit:
Field OperationsRequisition Number:
United States-Pennsylvania-MechanicsburgAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Mid levelEducation Required Level:
High School Diploma / (GED)Travel Required:
Siemens is a global
technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation,
quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global
technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup
provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets,
the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and
Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital
Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.Job Description:
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the
world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly
buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service
provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers
fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air
conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Siemens is seeking a Fire Alarm Inspector to support our customers. This position is responsible for providing visual and functional inspections on fire alarm systems to comply with NFPA 25 & 72 Standards, as well as state and local codes. The role completes accurate documentation of all tests performed, Joint Commission reports, and deficiency repair recommendations. Tasks also include performing minor repairs and will be required to participate in after-hours on-call rotation. Experience and knowledge of sprinkler systems, fire alarm circuitry, fire alarm inspection frequency/test method is preferred—but this is a great opportunity for someone with an electro-mechanical background to join Siemens and become an expert in Fire and Life Safety.
- Executes inspections with adherence to NFPA 25 & 72 test methods as well as local codes enforced by the AHJ.
- Meets customer expectations while performing quality inspections.
- Maintains communication with Client Service Manager and Service Operations Supervisor.
- Maintains vehicle truck stock, expense reporting, and keeps time-sheet entries up to date.
- Completes Inspection & Testing Reports and Joint Commission Reports accurately, and delivers to customer without error. Inputs, retrieves, and archives inspection documentation via assigned laptop computer. Makes minor repairs when authorized.
- Completes assigned inspections on time. Calls in for additional service when job is completed ahead of time.
- Maintains professional and timely communication with customers to assure problem resolution.
- Remains aware of job hazards and enforces safety policies.
- Organizes and effectively utilizes technical resources, information, material, and team-support to assure efficient execution of all assigned tasks.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Required education: High School Diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience: Demonstrable electro-mechanical aptitude (based on previous experience and/or education) needed to be successful in this role.
- Required travel: 10%
- Other requirements:
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- NICET Level 1 in Fire Alarm or Inspection & Testing of Fire Alarm Systems or ability to obtain in 12 months.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings. Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends and holidays as well as alternative shifts or work nights when required.
- Must have excellent communications skills (written and verbal) in English, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Preferred experience: Experience in service, installation, inspections, sales or management in the fire alarm industry.
- Preferred education: AC/DC or Electronics schooling
- Other preferences:
- Working knowledge of fire pump, Vesda, Sensitivity testing equipment, DB meter, multi-meter.
- Knowledge of fire alarm circuitry, associated low voltage systems and basic fire alarm maintenance capabilities is a plus
- NICET I or NICET II certification in fire alarm systems
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development