Operations Manager I - Building Technologies - Hayward CA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 228462
Primary Location: United States-California-Hayward
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
Manage the building technologies business while leading Project Managers and Field Technicians.
- Balance financial metrics with employee and customer needs.
- Conduct one-on-one reviews with direct reports to help develop each individual’s potential on the team.
- Submit financial forecasting information monthly.
- Complete cost reviews with sales
- Participate on job walks and estimating.
- Prioritize schedules.
- Proactively forecast labor needs.
- Identify and support training and development for staff
- Provide technical support, expertise, leadership and accountability for installed projects.
- Actively coordinate startup activity schedules with the Project Managers, Engineering and Operations supervisors to ensure correct staffing and correct abilities are provided to meet individual project schedules and commitments.
- Develop manpower schedules and project loading to ensure contract completion in an efficient and profitable manner.
- Participate in or facilitate representation for the Project Manager to Field Work Force Project Turnovers, and the Solutions to Service Project Turnovers.
- Maintains and improves planned and executed margins for Solutions projects.
- Provide technical and operational support for the sales teams, including proper pricing and scope-of-work definition for solutions project opportunities.
- Communicate regularly with customers through all phases of the work we perform for them.
- Build and maintain an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth.
- Manage or advise on hiring, training, development, allocation, and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility. Assist branch with training and development of operations personnel including training on use of financial reports.
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience: Five years of building technologies industry experience, and two years of management experience.
- Required travel: 15%
- Other requirements:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- A thorough understanding of project management processes.
Must be able to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
Must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Construction, Mechanical Engineering, or other field providing the educational background needed to succeed in this function.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.