Senior Marketing Manager – Building Performance & Sustainability and Security - Building Technologies - Buffalo Grove, IL
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 228470
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
We are looking for a highly motivated Sr. Marketing Manager to lead the marketing strategy development, brand positioning and growth programs for the BPS (Building Performance & Sustainability) and Security segments within Siemens Building Technologies. This position will focus on marketing BPS and Security Solutions and Services in a B2B context targeting customers across several key verticals.
Directs all activities and program elements to include:
1. Development of overall BPS and Security marketing strategy, including identification, development and execution of targeted programs to drive revenue growth
2. Scan market to identify and analyze industry trends and technology advancements; identify opportunities to drive innovation
3. Analyze the competitive market to identify new threats and opportunities; provide recommendations based on fact-based research and business case development
4. Develop customer segment (vertical market) business strategies; develop and deliver marketing programs to support strategies
5. Manage and execute complex primary and secondary research projects to determine customer satisfaction levels, customer expectations, market conditions, company image and effectiveness of marketing strategies
6. Develop strong content to drive thought leadership activities
7. Develop and articulate brand positioning and competitive differentiation to guide communications activities
8. Develop and execute lead generation programs from beginning to end—including ideation, strategic development, program management, and tracking to capture ROI and determine campaign effectiveness
9. Annual marketing planning and budgeting
10. Expert understanding and application of marketing concepts, methods and tools
Candidate must be highly motivated, very focused, and comfortable with operating in a process-driven environment with strong reporting matrixes in order to lead growth.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Marketing or other related field, advanced degree preferred
8 + years experience in marketing or marketing support
Experience in leadership roles
Big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality; highly creative
Strong analytical skills; proficient in developing compelling business cases, including financial justifications
Strong customer focus; ability to develop customer specific value propositions
Ability to build effective relationships as well as persuade others to action to drive results
Strong program / project management skills with excellent communications skills
Ability to work in fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously with competing deadlines
Experience in marketing BPS and/or Security solutions and services in a B2B environment is a plus
Position requires coaching and mentoring of other employees
Reports to the Director of Marketing, Solutions and Service, and interacts heavily with the portfolio as well as senior management teams.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.