Sr. Service Technician - Building Automation/HVAC
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 228503
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Miramar
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
For more information, please visit:
· Participates in commercial building automation controls equipment installation, trial runs, investigative tests, repairs
· Participates in training customers on Siemens Building Automation products and services. Performs maintenance on
tools, test equipment, etc., and maintains documents of all installations, inspections, maintenance and repair work, and
failures of all controls systems.
· Participates in responding to commercial building automation controls service or systems calls.
· Participates in the assessment of building automation product/equipment performance based on field support data
and recommends modifications or improvements.
· Performs technical support programs (TSP) / service agreement tasks and scheduled assignments to ensure that
building automation system is properly maintained and operating correctly.
· Handles emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours. Responds to customer service calls
(emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved and
checks and tests systems components.
· Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action and repairs system. Performs preventative maintenance
and diagnostics on automation system and components according to TSP / service agreement contracts. Tests and
verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
· Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time & material work, system upgrades and service contact
expansion. Prices, proposes and proceeds with new work as per issued guidelines.
· Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and
components following issued tasking, maintenance, and troubleshooting and installation instructions. Performs system
checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
· May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required. Completes and submits written
service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
· Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information weekly. If improper operation is due to another
system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
· Works with other branch, company or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve
problem Participates in job site final walk and / or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs.
Conducts training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch.
· Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Associates degree in Electronics/Mechanical or related field.
· Specialized skill training/certification may be required. Demonstrates comprehensive working knowledge of a
technical or specialty area, and of operations, methods, and practices.
· Generally, 3-5 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key
Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
· Skilled in building automation controls programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting.
· Knowledge of building automation systems, HVAC, electrical concepts, and building operations.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
· Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills
· Local or Regional travel.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
· Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not
require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or 1-2 years of vocational/technical training.
· Experience with Metasys, Tridium Niagra, and/or N2.