WAREHOUSE LOGISTICS MGR.[ MFG]
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 228504
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Job Description Template
This Warehouse / Logistics position operates in a fast paced manufacturing environment that through both a disciplined approach to operational management and a vision of continuous improvement will help drive the growth and success of the business.
Summary of position:
- Directly supports all aspects of material logistics in a Medical Reagent manufacturing environment.
- This position is titled as a Manufacturing Manager and reports to the Sr. Director of Material Management.
- Manages a staff of app 35 individuals with an annual operating budget of $4.5 MM
- This position will manage all aspects of a Warehouse to support manufacturing at the Glasgow DE site. This would include the material movement & staging of lower level (RMs, Semi-finished) materials required for production orders. As well as the shipment of finished product from the Glasgow site to a centralized distribution center.
- Aside from manufacturing this position will also support the site's inbound & outbound shipping requirements.
- Serves as the primary contact for logistical issues impacting both internal (i.e Glasgow site) and external customers (Siemens Distribution centers and other Siemens manufacturing sites)
- Actively engages with and manages (working with Siemens Logistical functions) outside 3rd party freight forwards to arrange outbound shipments from the site.
- Provides SAP (Warehouse Module - WM) support & guidance to other areas in Operations.
- Works with internal customers (i.e. Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering) to develop and implement continuous improvement initiatives in support of business goals & targets.
- Develops Warehouse staff to meet the evolving requirements of both the area and organization.
- Responsible for the achievement of all financial (cost center budget), quality and safety targets.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field (Operations Management, Logistics etc).
- 10 or more years of Warehouse / Logistics experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of material storage systems & concepts
- Familiarity with DOT, IATA and export compliance
- Familiarity with various financial auditing regulations (i.e Sarbanes-Oxley)
- Proven track record of managing & developing staff to support a high performance work team
- SAP experience in WM- Warehouse, IM - Inventory Management & SD - Sales & Distribution Modules.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques and tools
- Strong Safety background
- Track record as a self starter, able to work as part of team as well as an individual contributor, customer focused, able to develop trust with staff & co-workers
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.