FIRE ALARM SPECIALIST II
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 228507
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Mount Laurel
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global
technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation,
quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global
technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup
provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets,
the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and
Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital
Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Reporting to the Service Operations Supervisor, this position provides technical service to customer Fire Safety systems including technical support during the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems.
· Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software
programs and implementing modifications as necessary.
· Conducts testing and inspects systems under maintenance agreements.
· Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs
to assigned customer systems.
· Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in
proper working order.
· Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely
manner. Identifies code issues and non-conformance issues.
· Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and
service contract facilities.
· Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, requiring further action or
material. Participates in On-Call assignments/ schedules as required.
· Acts as a mentor and provides on-the-job training to lower level Field
Service Technicians as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· 2+ years in the installation and maintenance of Fire Safety products.
· NICET I Fire Alarm Certification required NICET II within 12 months of
· Strong customer service skills. Good verbal and written communications
· Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and
spreadsheet programs. Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
· Must have valid state drivers license and must be at least 21 years of age
in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
· Competitive compensation.
· Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which
· All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability
· 401k match.
· Education reimbursement programs available.
· Extensive product training and professional career development.