Siemens Gamesa Renewable EnergyBusiness Unit:
Power and GasRequisition Number:
United States-Colorado-BoulderAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Entry levelEducation Required Level:
Master's DegreeTravel Required:
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange. Job Description:
Wind Turbine Blade Design Structure Engineer
Do you feel prepared to design wind turbine blades for Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy and contribute to make real what matters, clean energy for generations to come?
The Boulder R&D Center for Blade Design is composed of a multi-disciplinary group of engineering experts in aerodynamics, acoustics, structures, loads, and controls, who work concurrently to design new blades and develop new technologies. This world-class center offers an open, inspiring, and diverse working environment located at the heart of downtown Boulder, Colorado, an amazing place to work and live.
We are looking for an engineer to join our Blade Design Structures team and directly contribute to the development of new products and new blade technologies.
As a Blade Design Structure Engineer, your primary tasks will cover:
· Perform conceptual and detailed design of composite, utility-scale wind turbine blades.
· Multi-objective structural design optimization for function, cost and manufacturability.
· Developing computational design tools and methodologies.
· Developing engineering design models and methods at multiple fidelity levels.
· Collaborating with a diverse group of engineers in a global, team-based environment.
Blade Design Structure Engineers are required to possess the following:
· Master’s or PhD degree required.
· Minimum one (1) year of industry design experience (internships & co-ops included).
· Excellent knowledge of composite structures and composite manufacturing methods.
· Programming experience in MATLAB, FORTRAN, C/C++, or similar.
· Computational modeling experience with state-of-the-art FEA/FEM solvers (ANSYS, NASTRAN, etc.).
· Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in written reports.
· Strong analytical skills, self-motivation, and emotional intelligence to work and thrive in a collaborative global team environment.
· Strong desire to develop and grow under the guidance of senior level engineers.
Blade Design Structure Engineers are desired to possess the following:
· Prior experience in the wind industry or large-scale composite design and manufacturing.
· Product design experience from concept through production.
· Knowledge of aero-structure elasticity, plate and shell theory, cross sectional analysis of composites beam and general beam theory.
· Knowledge of design optimization methods.
· Experience with CAD software such as AutoCAD, CATIA, NX, PRO-E, etc.
· Reliability engineering and probabilistic design background and experience.
· Experience authoring scientific papers and technical reports.