Siemens Mobility is currently seeking to hire a self-starting Strategic Buyer supporting the Commodity Management team.
Come and be a part of the innovation that delivers 40% of the worlds cargo using 75% fewer greenhouse gas emissions than trucks - Rail! In this role, you will drive strategic sourcing and implement commodity strategies to ensure long-term, cost-efficient supply of materials. You will also work closely with Engineering and Research & Development in a high-tech industry to support New Product Introductions and strategic vendor management to keep our business running at top speed.
· Align with the Strategic Sourcing Commodity Management team to implement Commodity strategies, ensuring long-term, cost-efficient supply of materials.
· Place and manage purchase orders for Engineering, R&D, & Strategic Sourcing teams including but not limited to; prototype parts, engineering samples for New Product Introductions (NPI), test fixtures, vendor-based capital expense tooling and equipment, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) & First Article Inspection (FAI) material orders.
· Review requisitions, prepare purchase orders, and close Goods Receipt / Invoice Receipt (GR IR) to ensure proper Accounts Payable (AP). Expedite orders as required to meet business needs.
· Contribute to implementation and use globally defined methods, processes and systems to ensure high process efficiency and process compliance (e.g. compliant Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) process, Procurement guidelines, IT systems, eSourcing).
· Prepare and conduct negotiations to obtain highest feasible savings on total cost of ownership in alignment with Strategic Sourcing Commodity Managers.
· Develop a close cooperation with Internal Customers (requisitioners) to ensure customer care and early involvement.
· Identify and analyze internal customer needs, discussing technical specifications in cooperation with stakeholders responsible.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree Required - Supply Chain, Finance, or Engineering preferred.
· 3-5 years of Supply Chain, Procurement, Purchasing, Operations, Project Management, or Finance experience.
· Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint knowledge required. High to advanced Excel skillset required.
· SAP experience preferred.
· 5% travel required.
In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
-A competitive base salary
-Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
-Extensive training along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Buyer with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.