Project Finance Attorney
Business Unit: Legal and Compliance
Requisition Number: 228557
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Doctorate Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
For more information,please visit: http://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses.html
• Establishing Project Companies as joint ventures with external partners.
• Participation in tender proceedings (PPP-, BOT-models).
• Structuring of infrastructure projects – ensuring “bankability”.
• Arranging and conducting due diligence analyses.
• Competent and responsible drafting and negotiating of project and transaction documentation, in particular share purchase agreements, shareholders’ agreements, articles of association, by-laws and other ancillary agreements, but also finance agreements, project development agreements, EPC-contracts, O&M-contracts as well as concession agreements in connection with PPP-, and BOT-models.
• Advising on corporate governance in connection with Project Companies.
• Selecting, mandating and supervising external legal counsels worldwide.
• Acting as trusted business advisor to the management.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Substantial experience in handling large project finance transactions as the lead lawyer.
• Substantial experience in the energy and infrastructure space.
• Specific knowledge in corporate law and finance law.
• Ten plus years of professional experience in an international environment at a major law firm or in the legal department of a large industrial company.
• Excellent academic record (J.D. or LL.M. (with foreign J.D. equivalent))
• Strong communication and decision making skills.
• Fluent English; Spanish and Portuguese would be helpful.
• Ability to travel up to 20%