Service Project Manager
Business Unit: Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 228561
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Horsham
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 40%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering
excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than
165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is
organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and
optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil &
gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind
turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able
to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the
lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and
For more information, please visit:
The Project Manager (“PM”) is responsible for providing overall leadership and management of all Field Service projects for the revamp and installation of Dresser-Rand (“D-R”) overhaul and non-nameplate equipment. The PM is the customer advocate to quality and on-time delivery and has the profit and loss responsibility for project performance. The PM plays a proactive role in problem identification, recommendation and resolution by coordinating and assisting other departments/teams in solving issues which affect project performance. The PM manages projects to deliver or exceed their proforma Return On Sales commitment and promise.
Permanent work location is flexible within the Mid-Atlantic Coast region.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and understand process flow diagrams, one-line drawings and general arrangement drawings
- Ability to perform and review material and labor takeoffs based on conceptual design drawings
- Ability to develop risk analysis and mitigation plans, cash flows, schedules, and cost estimates
- Project controls (estimating, cost and schedule experience), construction management, and familiarity with commercial transactions including insurance, letters of credit and bonds
- Sound knowledge of business management principles, practices, procedures and strong negotiation skills
- Travel up to 40% within Mid-Atlantic region
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
Proficiency with MS Office Suite, specifically MS Project or Primavera and/or MS Projects.
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Engineering
- 8-10 years experience in Project Management
- Project Engineering, Project Development, Construction Management or Project Management with significant experience in the O&G and Power Industry
- Experience in large, complex, heavy construction including power, fertilizer plants and Oil and Gas.
- Provide technical and commercial guidance to the Client Facing Team for project estimates and execution planning. The PM is responsible for the RFP Response Documents, execution plans, preparation of schedules (in coordination with Site Field Project Managers) and development of work-scope, cost budget and forecast and change orders (See D-R Services SEP Process) – Ensure that all Proposals are prepared under Standard D-R proposal format.
- Assume full customer interface for procurement, delivery, invoicing and payment and field issues at time of contract award – Primary point of contact for “outbound” project written communications between D-R and Client. Responsible for maintaining open communication lines between all of the project team members (incl. but not limited to Regional FS Manager, Project Engineer, Field Project Coordinator, Field PMs/Site Service Managers, Repair Center Manager, CSMs and Account Manager/PDM) and ensure responsiveness to customer preferences and out-of-scope requests
- Responsible for internal distribution of all project related documentation for review and revision as required. The PM fields all inquiries from client and ensures that all information is compiled, documented and transmitted to all relevant parties. With Project Engineer, is responsible to ensure compliance with PDMT process
- Contract Profit and Loss management – Manage commercial aspects of the contract in coordination with Field PM and Account Manager where applicable, include. but not limited to amendments, change orders and commercial instruments.
- Manage project controls for schedule and cost compliance (monitor budgets and trends) on all assigned projects. Conduct weekly project budget reviews, manage project costs and provide reports detailing cash flow, cost forecast to completion, budget variances and proposed mitigation plans. Collect project daily report information, assessments, repair reports from Repair Center, Field Service Representative(s) and Repair Center were applicable.
- Ensure the contractor bid packages are closely managed against prime contract terms and conditions. Manage execution risk in conjunction with field project management resources, repair center management, sub-contractors and D-R factories when applicable
- Maintain a library of historical and current execution cost and schedule and associated workscope data
- Lead and supervise project communication routine with Client in regards to complete workscope schedule progress and cost performance (for all elements of projects – e.g. FS, Repair, Parts, SBU content, etc.)
- Responsible for preparation/coordination of face-to-face project completion report-out to client on project performance.
- Collect information and back up on reworks and client claims and complaints.