Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 228562
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Harleysville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
Reporting directly to the Manager of the Engineered Instrument Solutions Team for Process Instrumentation in Harleysville PA, this position will focus on cross functional disciplines specific to the development of solutions involving the process instrumentation product portfolio. Key working relationships for this position will be with all aspects of the business including; Sales, Engineering, Logistics, Operations and Planning, including other Siemens operating companies and 3rd party vendor products and services.
As part of this dynamic team, your contributions play a critical role that enhances the organization by supporting, developing, and growing the solutions business as a direct line of support for the Engineered Instrument Solutions Team to other functional areas within the business.
Other key disciplines include:
• Represent Siemens as a solutions provider and thought leader in the process instrumentation industry, lead the technical/mechanical design and development of solutions, assist in writing solution development abstracts, and technical support literature.
• Assist in the development and design of process instrumentation solutions with a focus on; Water markets, Oil & Gas, Chemical, and industrial process control related systems to meet customer specifications and contract documents.
• Develop and drive best practices within the Engineered Instrument Solutions Team.
Required Competencies For This Role:
• High energy, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
• Belief in and accountability to the mission, vision, and objectives of the company
• Problem solving character
• Ability to set and manage priorities
• A willingness to explore new technologies and process improvements.
• Ability to work with hands in a prototype fabrication environment
• Customer centric oriented behavior
• Ability to work effectively in a cross functional capacity within the team
• Adaptable and flexible in fast changing industry and work environment
• Strong English oral and written skills
• Excellent computer skills utilizing 3D engineering tools/CAD drawing software
• Desire to grow within the company.
• Spearhead the development and design of small scale solutions including; initial opportunity assessment and qualification to evaluate application fit and technical analysis. Analyze process instrumentation applications including; contract specifications, drawings, P&ID’s, to determine project requirements. Manage and develop project plans and schedules in advance of project activity, assuring effective execution by the project team. Monitor and assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
• Create unique mechanical design solutions to meet customer requirements. Prepare drawings for specially sourced components and parts from outside suppliers as required.
• Apply analytical techniques and experience to make calculations and selections for components and assemblies to solutions of mechanical engineering problems to ensure design is within normal design practices.
• Conduct detailed technical application reviews, analysis, design, and site suitability associated with solution development utilizing Siemens process instrumentation and automation products. Integrate Siemens process instrumentation product portfolio and/or other Siemens or 3rd party products into small scale repeatable solutions.
• Participate in initial job site walk thru with customers to verify application requirements and conduct technical analysis including; mapping areas of relevance, installation/design requirements, communications, and other site conditions relevant to the solution development.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· A BS/BA in ME,EE,CE,IE,SE engineering discipline with at least 3-5 years of industry experience.
· Knowledge of 3D engineering tools (some or all of; Teamcenter, Solid Edge, Solidworks, Unigraphics/NX, AutoCAD).
· 2+ years professional experience in 3D modeling of parts and assemblies.
· Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong analytical skills, self-motivation, and emotional intelligence to work and thrive in a collaborative global-based team environment
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Knowledge of process instrumentation; pressure, flow, temperature, level devices. Excellent technical analysis and mechanical engineering creativity.
- Working knowledge of industrial communication protocols and cloud based communication networks.
- Prior DCS Automation experience in support of solution design, engineering and development.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills necessary for timely decision making.
- Able to work with a diverse group of people and on occasion, a geographically distributed team
- Proactive problem solver and Team player
· The position will require 10 -15% travel, primarily in the US.