Sr Staff Engineer
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 228601
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics, Inc. is seeking a responsible, professional and self-motivated individual to fill an open position in our Automation Platform System Engineering team. As an integral member of this team, candidates will be expected to make a significant contribution towards achieving customer satisfaction goals by providing technical product support and engineering changes to Siemens Healthcare, Inc. automation platforms. Specific activities will focus on technical product support, design change and commercial product engineering.
Provides support in design and modifications of automation solutions. Provides support in preparing explanations and clarifies information to enable proper interpretation and evaluation of specifications, performance characteristics or other technical data. The successful candidate will communicate technical and commercial issues to the stakeholders. May recommend new designs, new processes or design changes to meet requirements.
- Able to work cooperatively in a timeline-focused, matrixed, team environment across different Siemens locations to develop comprehensive solutions.
- Provides technical product support and guidance to proactively maintain product performance or resolve customer complaints for hardware and software issues.
- Diagnose and Investigate customer reported problems, applies standard troubleshooting tools and concepts to identify the real issue and its root cause.
- Record accurate and timely documentation of customer complaints and the action taken to resolve the concern.
- Support creation of documents like product and technical manuals.
- Performs and documents Risk Assessments.
- Process design change for automation systems with connected modules and analytical instrument systems
- Ability to follow a project from conceptual design through final stages
- Able to work with other engineers to develop, and implement new products or changes in existing products.
- Maintains comprehensive records of all designs, drawings, and project related email using Outlook and network/hard drive folders
- Familiar with Technical Product Support and Engineering Change Control activities
- Develops recommendations and implement solutions that reflect customer and Siemens business needs.
- Close cooperation with colleagues in other departments for efficient achievement of shared targets
- May provide general guidance to support team and/or train lower level support staff.
- Travel to different Siemens locations required
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Demonstrates a good grasp of knowledge and principles of system level design change through successful completion of assignments.
- 5-8+ years of experience in design change in the following areas: complex mechanical, electrical and software systems, Bill of Material Management and design change organization.
- Bachelor of Science in engineering disciplines such as Mechanical, Electrical, Systems or Software Engineering required.
- Strong problem solving skills leveraging known methodologies such as fault tree, fishbone, 5 why and others.
- Ability to employ analytical skills in projects such as statistical data interpretation, computer simulations and complex calculations
- Capable of communicating effectively with various target audiences delivering content ranging from executive summaries to detailed technical explanations. Ability to graphically represent large data in simplified form.
- Degree in related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Ability to oversee and control several projects at a time (multi-task)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Knowledge of SAP a plus
- Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable
- Good English language in speaking and writing for negotiating and for approaching shared targets
- Proven ability to work as a member of an international, multi-located team