Cybersecurity Business Development Specialist
Business Unit: Controls and Digitalization
Requisition Number: 228617
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering
excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than
165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is
organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and
optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil &
gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind
turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able
to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the
lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and
For more information, please visit:
Cybersecurity Business Development Specialist
Alpharetta, GA or
Seeking a self-motivated Cybersecurity Business Development specialist to be engaged in the development of the cyber security business in addition to providing sales and bid management enablement globally. This position requires IT and Operational Technology (OT) sales and business development experience related to Distributed Control Systems (DCS), specifically the power generation and the Oil and Gas industries. The candidate should be technically enabled to speak to internal and external audience on the subjects of cyber security, IT/OT Security, NERC CIP, and other government regulations and standards. The candidate must have knowledge in the cyber security market globally in addition to understanding the various cyber security trends that affect market growth for Siemens globally.
This position is responsible for providing cybersecurity consulting services in addition to the ownership and development of cybersecurity proposals globally. Furthermore, the candidate will be responsible for providing continuous sales support, and ultimately supporting customers with maintaining compliance through the Siemens cybersecurity solutions offered.
Some of the key responsibilities include customer scope review, managing multiple projects with broad scopes, ambiguity, and high degrees of difficulty while expected to gather and interpret complex, qualitative and quantitative data, in addition to maintaining a working knowledge of cybersecurity principles and elements.
The candidate must have sufficient knowledge and abilities to:
• Construct complex technical proposals for single or complete fleet solutions.
• Project management experience to help manage technical proposals efforts.
• Standardization of bid management proposals and processes.
• Continuous development and maintenance of all standardized bid management proposals and processes.
• Development of new bid management proposals for newly developed products and enabling the organization globally.
• Development of project documentation.
• Provide technical analysis and guidance on control systems security trends.
• Prepare and conduct technical presentations.
• Create technical reports and progress reports for projects.
• Have compliance and legal knowledge to help draft the complex proposals globally.
The candidate is expected to continuously improve self as subject matter expert by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, attending conferences, maintaining personal networks, in addition to presenting for professional organizations.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Must have a broad experience in computer and network systems, including IT/OT security, regulatory compliance standards, and Siemens networking products.
• Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the capability to identify solutions to unusual and complex problems and situations.
• Any project or technical certifications are required.
• Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field preferred.
• 10 year experience in project support or an equivalent Master’s degree is required.
• Must be able to demonstrating proficiency in a wide range of information IT security technologies, embedded security, and network platforms.
• Must have good communication skills, must be an independent worker, and a team player.
• Must have at least 5 + years of experience in IT/OT cybersecurity related to NERC CIP requirements and the industry’s best security practice.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
• 50% travel required.