Applications Engineer - Utility Industry
Business Unit: High Voltage Products
Requisition Number: 228622
Primary Location: United States-Mississippi-Richland
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Industry is looking for an Application Engineer, that has some product sales and marketign experience, preferably in the electrical industry, for their Richland, MS. We are looking for a customer- oriented, self-starter, to provide technical marketing and business development efforts, in support of critical business objectives. The Applications Engineer plays a key role in the business process, by targeting and supporting product marketing, offer preparation & business development activities, in support of business growth. This position reports to the Product Marketing Manager.
· Promote high voltage products like circuit breakers, arresters etc., in coordination with field sales, to end users, engineering firms, industrials, OEMs, and distributors
· Provide Internal & External Training for Product Line(s) to enable sales channels, educate customers and channel partners, and obtain engineering approvals
· Provide quotations and proposals as requested by customers and sales
· Respond to inquiries about the technical aspects of products and applications, and support technical specification reviews, creation, and revisions.
· Assess contractual requirements of the opportunity, utilizing contract management, commercial terms, and legal resources to mitigate risk.
· Actively participate in Business Review and Field Activity Meetings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
2. 2-3 years’ experience working in product sales & marketing environment
3. Self-starting and autonomous with time management and prioritization ability
4. Technical aptitude and problem solving capability
5. Professional communication and presentation skills
6. Ability to create and execute travel plan in support of field activities; minimum 30% travel required
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. BS Electrical Engineering; plus, MBA
2. 5 years applicable experience in the electrical industry
3. SAP or similar enterprise system experience
4. Business development experience
5. Intimate knowledge of the electrical utility sector
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.