Intelligent Traffic SystemsRequisition Number:
United States-Massachusetts-BillericaAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Mid levelEducation Required Level:
High School Diploma / (GED)Travel Required:
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htmJob Description:
The Warehouse Coordinator is responsible for material movement between assigned storage locations and vehicle as well as to ensure smooth workflow and compliance with established procedures and protocols. The Warehouse Coordinator works closely with Project Managers, Electricians, Technicians and Buyers.
- Functional responsibility for the proper management of assigned storage locations. Keep all materials in proper location and marked accordingly with labels and quantity on hand balance.
- Work during warehouse core hours 7-3:30.
- Work with Materials Manager, Finance, Project Managers, Electricians, Technicians and Buyers to reduce the inventory value through selling, scrapping and utilization of existing materials at other depots.
- Proper management of local service and emergency inventory at assigned depots/plants/locations through collaboration with Project Management Teams per region.
- Establish and ensure appropriate re-order inventory levels for storage locations based on consumption, package size, lead time and pricing information and uploading and maintaining through SAP safety stock levels in the MRP view of the material master.
- Act as key contact between the centralized warehouse and the depot locations.
- Implement proper management and security practices to avoid loss and/or indisposition of inventory assets.
- Organize/support monthly Cycle Count procedure.
- Service Vehicles and Depot Counts must be posted by second week of every month.
- Root Cause analysis in collaboration with Project Managers, Electricians and Technicians
- Responsible for financial warehouse discrepancies and write offs.
- Attend monthly meeting with Finance and Operations to communicate count results for previous month.
- Maintain proper safety process and procedures of inventory locations, equipment, access to meet established safety regulations.
- Support, perform and ensure proper SAP system transactions for ALL inventory movements from main stock, service vehicles and depot locations to ensure accuracy and proper count of inventory on hand at all times.
- Work with Local Field Staff to train, establish and implement mandatory procedures for material transactions.
- Coordinate repair material/equipment, RMA to the appropriate return/repair location with appropriate documentation.
- Effectively manage and track usage of Identified Tools and Expensive Field Equipment
- Recommend improvements as needed
- Assist with Service Vehicle Maintenance and Repairs as need in conjunction with Fleet Manager
- Certified/Licensed to Operate Fork Lift in the State of Massachusetts or the ability to obtain within 30 days.
- Certified/Licensed to Operate indoor overhead crane or ability to obtain within 30 days.
- Ability to travel to warehouse facilities to conduct cycle counts in Rhode Island and Worcester, MA
- Must be proficient with computers and standard office applications including spreadsheet applications
- Experience with SAP
- Formal forklift training and 1-3 years of experience.
- PC proficiency, specifically with Microsoft Office programs such as Excel.
- Excellent oral and written skills to effectively communicate with employees, customers, and personnel at other branch offices.
- Ability to process complex time sensitive data and information from multiple sources, make decisions based on this data, and effectively communicate the related required actions to co-workers
- Proficiency in spelling, punctuation, grammar, and basic math.
- Ability to think critically and problem solve
- Good organizational skills and good judgment in making decisions