Product Drawing Checker
Business Unit: Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 228644
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
Join our dedicated team, in a technology driven journey to excellence in the centrifugal compressor industry.
- Complete accurate checking of 3D CAD models with their associated detail drawings and bills of material
- The product drawing checker will thoroughly review and check solid models and detail drawings of compressor component piece parts and assemblies
- The checker is responsible to deliver a dimensionally correct blueprint to the design engineer and/or shop production floor for fabrication and manufacturing purposes.
- The complete bill of material is also checked and delivered for entry into the system where it will be used as the official document for ordering correct materials and hardware for the compressor components.
- The experienced checker will play a key role as liaison between engineering, supply chain and shop floor
- The experienced checker will aspire to mentor detail drafters, resulting in error free work and zero scrap and rework
- The checker is responsible for ensuring the models and drawings are dimensionally correct and complete. They will verify the drawings utilize the correct methods of fabrication and manufacturing
- The checker will also review any mating parts to verify any new designs will fit in the given envelope
- Following engineering specifications, drafting specifications, material and hardware selection rules, and company and industry standards will be a vital role for the checker.
- Correct interpretation of manufacturing requirements and how to apply those to the drawings is necessary
- The checker must be able to deliver based on aggressive time schedules.
- The ability to think independently and objectively will be necessary to facilitate the time constraints
- Forward thinking and proactive work ethics will be expected
- The checker will be responsible for retrieving and checking drawings as they become available from the detailer
- Bills of material will also need to be retrieved and checked for accuracy
- The checker will be responsible for tracking drawing and bill changes through to completion and until final delivery to the engineer
- The checker will also facilitate any changes that result from engineering review, and will ensure the desired changes are delivered back for final review
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Technical Diploma or Associates Degree in CAD
- Proficiency in UG, UGNX, Microsoft applications
- 3-4 years of drafting experience, including bill of material experience
- Adept problem solving skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a diverse team of professionals
- 2-3 years of exposure to general manufacturing practices, including fabrication and machining.
- 1-3 years of experience in a schedule based environment.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 5 or more years of drafting and checking experience
- Insight, knowledge and interest in the oil and gas industry
- Centrifugal compressor drafting experience
- 3 or more years of experience and exposure to a fast paced and schedule based production facility
- 3 or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment.