Business Unit: Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 228647
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Odessa
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 40%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering
excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than
165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is
organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and
optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil &
gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind
turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able
to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the
lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and
For more information, please visit:
The Client Manager is responsible for: Development and execution of an annual Territory Plan, Management and deployment of selling resources within Territory, Opportunity Management Tracking/Forecasting, Competitive Awareness, Won/Loss Reporting, Define/Communicate Client Needs/Market Conditions. Remains current with industry/market and the technology/ D-R solutions that effect clients industry.
- The legal authorization to work in the US for any US employer.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Rotating equipment sales experience
- A minimum of 5 + years outside sales experience calling on industrial clients
- 10+ years of outside sales experience directly in the rotating equipment market may be substituted in lieu of requisite education requirements.
- Knowledge of turbo/reciprocating/steam applications and aero/thermo performance
- Prior experience in dealing with Refineries, Midstream Clients & Petrochemical Facilities in the Midland/Odessa area in a sales capacity.
- Prior experience working in a highly-matrixed organization.
- Develop client relationships at all levels, display excellent listening skills, and maintain a positive attitude in the face of adversity.
- Define and obtain a clear understanding of client needs
- Possess good organization skills including time management, good file and record organization and report writing.
- The willingness and ability to travel 25 to 30% in the territory of major accounts located in Midland/Odessa area
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven ability to close business opportunities.
- Must be a team-oriented employee, and self-starter.