Business Administration Manager
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 228698
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering
excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than
165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is
organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by
rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the
entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional
passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger
coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail
vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies
in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
The Business Administration Manager position is responsible for financial management, reporting, analysis and planning of internal and external, domestic and international Sales channels and sales agreements, product pricing policy and administration, research and Development Controlling, coordination and support of Asset Management and Supply Chain Management for the Rolling Stock Locomotives Business Segment.
· Direct the accounting and financial functions of the Rolling Stock Locomotives Business Segment to ensure achievement of goals and objectives through the optimization of EVA and the mitigation of business risks.
· Provide expert analysis and evaluations on financial, accounting, cost and trend reports in order to improve the results of the organization.
· Conceptualize and direct the development of short and long range financial goals and objectives for the business to meet the overall business strategy.
· Direct multiple functional areas for Rolling Stock Locomotives Business Segment regarding financial and accounting functions as well as other business segments and recommend improvements in methods, procedures, and content of accounting output, which will increase profits.
· Develop and manage multiple organization budgets and business plans for the large and complex projects and related business.
· Act as an advisor that troubleshoots and resolves abstract problems within multi-departments and/or cross-functional areas related to the Rolling Stock Locomotive Business Segment.
· Work and collaborate closely with the Rolling Stock Performance Controller and Operations Controller to ensure processes are aligned and optimized.
· Insure alignment with Global Locomotive Management regarding strategic planning and business reporting.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Certification may be required in some areas.
· 15+ years of relevant experience required.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· An MBA would be advantageous.
· Large Project bidding and execution experience as well as Manufacturing experience preferred.