Technical Writer 3
Business Unit: Ultrasound
Requisition Number: 228702
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Issaquah
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Day in Life-
• Effectively plan, design, research, write, edit, publish, and release information products with a focus on a global audience, primarily user manuals for medical devices, including operational, instructional, or maintenance procedures for paper, multimedia, web-based publications and user sites; may produce content for embedded user assistance technology.
• Manage multiple, simultaneous projects and proactively communicate status with internal and external stakeholders, including translation and publication vendors.
• Create formats responsive to technical and customer requirements.
• Understand how regulations, laws, and standards influence content design.
• Understand the impact of localization on English content.
• Create and maintain design documentation to support quality assurance and regulatory standards, while contributing to process innovations.
• Collaborate openly and effectively with a range of stakeholders, including writers and subject matter experts.
• Take direction to be able to work as a team and independently, making sound, process- and customer-driven decisions.
• Express ideas clearly and diplomatically.
• Give and receive constructive feedback.
• Successfully negotiate project schedules, plans, and milestones as a representative of the tech writing team
• B.S./B.A. in technical communications, writing/ composition, or similar related field
• 5+ years of experience with Bachelor's degree
• Technical writing experience with user manuals for a global audience
• Experience delivering solutions with a cross-functional project team
• Knowledge of tools and technologies used for writing, publishing, and document control
• Experience working with translation suppliers and formatting teams for creating multi-language documents and regional representatives for preferred terminology
Nice to Have:
• Prior experience in all phases of developing and delivering user manuals for a medical device in a regulated industry in multiple languages
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to learn and adapt to changes in technology, processes, and requirements
• Ability to work effectively across disciplines and international boundaries to implement creative solutions to complex problems
• Knowledge of Siemens Healthineers products and quality system
• Understand industry trends in technical communication, information architecture, and content development