Quality Technician - Low Voltage Power Distribution Products
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 228724
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Grand Prairie
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Grand Prairie, TX is looking for a Quality Technician to join their growing facility. The Quality technician to perform electrical, application and mechanical testing on Power Distribution products mainly 600V or less (Low Voltage Switchgear, Switchboard and Power Panels). This person is critical towards maintaining quality of highly custom and complex products for EM LP. The candidate will report to Engineering Manager and will have no direct reports.
• Test and Inspect Low Voltage Switchgear and Switchboards to applicable standards (i.e. UL1558, UL891, IEEE, etc)
• Use multi meter and electrical theory to verify power readings and circuit design to ensure proper wiring and operation
• Use Hipot, test cart, hand tools and various other tools to aid in testing
• Use specialized software for testing/inspecting when required (i.e. Siemens WinPM, Step 7, MicroWin, WinCC Flexible, SAP, etc.)
• Perform inspections/audits of mechanical and electrical assemblies
• Maintain and input records or reports related to testing/inspecting activities
• Associate degree or equivalent ( Bachelor’s will be preferred but not required)
• 5 years or more in capacity of engineering or quality functions for power distribution equipment
• Knowledge of prevailing codes (UL1558, UL891, UL508 ) is preferred.
• Knowledge of power distribution components ( breakers, relays, communicating devices ) is required
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.