Bid Coordinator - Low/Medium Voltage Products
Business Unit: Construction Sales
Requisition Number: 228729
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Burlington
Other Locations: United States-Connecticut-Cromwell, United States-New York-Latham, United States-New York-Rochester
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Industry is looking for a Bid Coordinator to support the Upstate NY and New England markets. This person will support the sales team in the aforementioned geography. The successful candidate will review
requests from customers, sales engineers, and other bid coordinators. They will also work with the business unit. This person reports to the Sales Manager and will have no direct reports.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities. Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? Apply now.
• Distribute Bid List – Generate the bid list from PHILOS and send it to team as well as distribution partners.
• Manage PHILOS – Drive team to use the PHILOS and keep their opportunities updated. Keep all other information within PHILOS up to date.
• Bid Meetings – Schedule bid meetings per the manager’s instructions. Facilitate the meeting by reviewing the open PHILOS opportunities.
• Strive to bid over $4M in quotes in a given month in the first year.
• Bid Coordinator is responsible for getting Buyout Quotes from MAP group.
• Monitor and track relevant bid opportunities
• Review and summarize bid request documents (RFPs, RFQs etc.) to share pertinent information with the wider team
• Coordinate schedules and approvals for actions supporting bid opportunities
• Use problem solving skills to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve issues in order to ensure timely completion of bids
Required Skills, Knowledge and Education:
- Proposal creation/bid coordinator or estimating experience preferred.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical and organizational skills, and ability to learn on the fly.
- Superior skills in attention to detail and managing priorities within strict timelines.
- Responsive with a sense of urgency to ensure project continues to move forward.
- Strong relationship management skills and capable of establishing respect and credibility through actions, communications, understanding and personal presence.
- Ability to maturely handle confidential issues with discretion and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently as all as in a team environment.
- College degree preferred but not required.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive at executing daily tasks and achieving long-term goals.
- Passionate commitment to the company vision.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.