Intelligent Traffic SystemsRequisition Number:
United States-Michigan-Ann ArborOther Locations:
United States-Michigan-TroyAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Mid levelEducation Required Level:
Bachelor's DegreeTravel Required:
If you really want to make a difference - make it with Siemens.
Mobility is going digital - Siemens Mobility Division is the world's leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of both people and goods which help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Driven by innovation, Siemens develops intelligent solutions for the increasing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings include rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers value that is unique. We call this Ingenuity for Life. Come and make a difference with Siemens.
Siemens Intelligent Traffic Solutions
Reliable network communications are a critical necessity for monitoring and managing increasingly complex transportation infrastructures. Knowing what is happening and where, from tracking buses and trains on their routes, to locating and addressing stalled vehicles, to connecting drivers with important information about road and traffic conditions – effective traffic management demands intelligent transportation systems. Siemens ITS currently supports every major city, county, and MDoT with our traffic controller technology in the State of Michigan. Siemens is the market leader in connected vehicle (V2i) solutions and will be making a significant investment in the state of Michigan with these solutions.
Senior Application Sales Engineer; Midwest; Intelligent Traffic Solutions (ITS). This new role supports the sales growth and technical requirements for all ITS activity in the State of Michigan. As a senior technical subject matter expert supporting customer opportunities, you will own day to day customer relationships (exceeding their expectations) through innovating solutions. You will need expert knowledge of traffic controller and central systems ITS solutions (controller HW, SW, TMS, V2i, and adaptive solutions) and you must have the ability to present and train technical solutions to end users.
In this role, you will lead client presentations, articulating the value proposition of product / solution / service offerings. You will also perform important areas of standard professional level work that typically requires processing and interpreting, more complex, less clearly-defined issues.
Must be located in Michigan.
- Primary account ownership of 15-20 customers located in Michigan
- Partner with local sales lead in support of all revenue opportunities with assigned accounts
- Be the primary customer contact for identifying new business opportunities
- Be the primary customer contact to assure complete customer satisfaction
- Act as technical sales lead on controller HW, SEPAC, TMS, V2i, and adaptive solutions including generation and review of requirements and design documents
- Present technical presentations for customers to explain the benefits of Siemens ITS solutions.
- Leads customer meetings and presentations.
- Support proposal responses by reviewing RFP requirements, designing and describing technical solutions, and other written documentation as necessary to support proposal generation efforts
- Keep up to date with the industry and gather market and competitor intelligence in the area of ITS solutions
- Present at regional and national conferences on Siemens ITS technology and solutions
- Provide specialized technical training to customer and distributor staff
Competencies required for this job include:
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA preferred. Certification may be required in some areas.
- Demonstrates knowledge in field of specialization or multiple disciplines to the successful completion of complex assignments. Successfully serves as point of contact of technical knowledge for area of expertise.
- 5+ years experience with traffic controller HW, SW, TMS, and adaptive solutions
- Able to translate user requirements into effective system designs using appropriate ITS technology
- A technical background with demonstrable experience in:
- traffic signal control systems (M60, SEPAC)
- TMS (TACTICS)
- Adaptive (SCOOT, ACS Lite, Peer to Peer)
- Knowledgeable in industry standards
- Excellent problem solving skills and able to develop new and innovative ideas / solutions
- Experience in Business and commercial development
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely
- Flexibility to manage diverse workload.
- Ability to work both as part of a sophisticated multi-disciplinary team as well as possessing the ability to work independently to solve problems.
- Member of relevant professional institution
- Self-motivated, but also a team player.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
-A competitive base salary
-Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, and 18 days of PTO to start
-Extensive training along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Senior Sales Application Engineer with Siemens ITS, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.