Senior Energy Engineer - Building Performance and Sustainability - Bellevue, WA
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 228743
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Bellevue
Other Locations: United States-Washington-Seattle
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
At Siemens, we believe in Global Corporate Citizenship and creating sustainable solutions for our customers. We are looking for a bright and passionate Senior Energy Engineer to help tackle some of our Customers’ most pressing operational challenges in making their facilities more energy efficient. Come join our dynamic team of highly skilled Engineers, working with our existing and new customers to qualify, identify and quantify Facility Improvement Measures (FIM) for the Building Performance and Sustainability Business. This role reports to our Pacific Zone Engineering Manager and will support business primarily in the Pacific Northwest (WA, OR, AK), with the potential to also support work in California, Hawaii, Montana and Guam..
The Sr. Energy (EE) Engineer is a key partner to the Account Executive in driving project scope, customer relationships and development schedule during the project qualification and pre-acquisition period of project development. The Sr EE:
· Provides the engineering experience to determine if a facility shows opportunity and would have the sales/customer relationships and people skills to support the Account Executive in the acquisition of new projects.
· Manages the development of large, more complex jobs or multiple projects, including Scope definition, schedule, budget and energy savings, from initial conceptual development to first-year monitoring and verification activities.
· Directs and motivates the development team during planning, technical analysis, estimating, design and implementation.
· Ensures customer satisfaction from project inception to project completion.
· Assist Account Executives in identification and qualification of potential performance contracting projects.
· Perform and supervise preliminary and detailed facility audits to identify FIMs and/or opportunities. Coordinate and communicate with outside vendors as it pertains to FIMs.
· Establish timeline for all project deliverables, and create and manage the project development budget.
· Analyze utility data, field equipment data, building plans and blueprints, and existing control sequences to develop a baseline for each FIM
· Develop energy calculations, preliminary and detailed reports and contract exhibits; assists in proposal development. Apply building energy simulation programs or MS Excel spreadsheet calculations to determine project energy and operational savings.
· Develop savings M&V plans compliant to local and international standards.
· Follow internal, external processes and coordination with stake holder for innovative and flawless solution Development.
· Participate in client meetings and presentations with technical and non-technical buyers
· Provide support on overall project scope during the procurement and installation of the project by the Procurement/Construction Management team.
· Ensure installed project meets all required performance metrics and document completion and acceptance of initial measurement and verification activities.
· Participate in job site final walk-thru. Participates in initial turnover to responsible staff for measurement and verification activities.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other related field from an Accredited College/University
· Required experience: At least 5+ years of experience in Energy Performance Contracting project development and Energy Audits is essential.
· Ability to work with different stake holders in Energy Business; internal and external with sound Knowledge of Facility Management processes followed in the building industry.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and quantify energy savings and implement complex projects involving chiller and boiler plants, motors, VFDs, HVAC retrofit and distributed generation projects.
· Practical working knowledge of Building Automation Systems
· Knowledge of measurement and verification methods and activities
· Project management skills to develop/manage a project schedule and estimate/manage budget
· Financial planning/budget experience with ability to develop a business case helpful.
· Required travel: 20%
· Other requirements
o Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification from Association of Energy Engineers
o Microsoft Application Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) (Attached)
o Strong verbal and written communication skills in English required. Also required is the ability to convey complex engineering concepts to a variety of audiences.
o Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without a current or future need of sponsorship.
o Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
o Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Professional Engineering License in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.