Intelligent Traffic SystemsRequisition Number:
United States-Michigan-Ann ArborOther Locations:
United States-Michigan-TroyAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Mid levelEducation Required Level:
Bachelor's DegreeTravel Required:
If you really want to make a difference - make it with Siemens.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional
passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems
Reliable network communications are a critical necessity for monitoring and managing increasingly complex transportation infrastructures. Knowing what is happening and where, from tracking buses and trains on their routes, to locating and addressing stalled vehicles, to connecting drivers with important information about road and traffic conditions – effective traffic management demands intelligent transportation systems. Siemens ITS currently supports every major city, county, and MDoT with our traffic controller technology in the State of Michigan. We are looking to grow our presence in the state. Siemens is the market leader in connected vehicle (V2i) solutions and will be making a significant investment in the state of Michigan with these solutions.
Senior Estimator/Inside Sales Specialist; Michigan; Intelligent Traffic Solutions (ITS). In this role, you will analyze conceptual or detailed project designs and specifications and provide cost estimates for material and labor for traffic signal, controller cabinets, detection, connect vehicle, ATMS, and other ITS installations, modifications, and upgrades. In addition, you will collaborate with procurement, sales, operations, engineering and at times with customers to understand and/or develop the scope of work that will be awarded. You will be responsible for all order management from order entry to material delivery. As a key team member, you will support customer requests with primary account owner to assure successful resolution
- Execute electrical/construction estimates from customer drawings, conceptual designs or project walk through (review all drawings, specifications, and bid documents to ensure estimate is complete, accurate, and responsive).
- Identify risk areas in the project installation design or project specifications to sales and/ or operations.
- Confer with local procurement manager, sales person and/ or operations on project cost and risk to assist in sourcing strategy development and execution
- Assist sales team or operations team with development of RFP for traffic service opportunities.
- Identify and negotiate project installation cost with subcontractors based on scope and risk.
- Appropriate and professional communication with vendors, subcontractors, customers, customer representatives, prime contractors, etc.
- Build working relationships with the subcontractors and material suppliers engaged in traffic signal and streetlight system installations.
- Communicate with local procurement manager(s) to discuss project sourcing opportunities for material identified outside of electrical estimating.
- Input all order information into SAP system
- Process all Material Movements in SAP
- Receiving of all incoming Material
- Coordinate all material deliveries
- Support customer inquiries and align with account owner to assure resolution
- Proactively support customer activity (proposals, trainings, PO’s, deliveries, etc.)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Minimum of 2 years of estimating experience in the ITS industry, including significant experience estimating labor and material for traffic signal and streetlight installations, modifications, and upgrades.
· Working knowledge of National Electrical Code and local municipality codes.
· Understand cost drivers associated to traffic signal and streetlight installation
· Strong computer skills are required, including MS Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Word
· Ability to speak in front of groups
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
-A competitive base salary
-Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, and 18 days of PTO to start
-Extensive training along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Senior Estimator with Siemens ITS, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
With over 372,000 people working at Siemens, it would be hard to define one single culture. However, we do have values which we like to live by. They're things like providing honest, open feedback, encouraging people to take ownership of projects and supporting entrepreneurialism in the workplace. We like to act as a team at Siemens. We believe if we all work as one, together we can make the world a smarter place.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants shall not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.