Manufacturing Technician 3
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 228749
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Hoffman Estates
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
The primary role is to support the periodic maintenance and calibration of mechanical and electrical measurement equipment and fixtures utilizing internal procedures and external contractors.
- Ensure all conformance verifications, calibrations and maintenance activities are completed within scheduled intervals.
· Inspect calibration and maintenance records for conformance to requirements and archive them to ensure immediate availability.
· Utilize and maintain calibration scheduling platforms to ensure the calibration interval for each piece of equipment is correctly assigned.
Support the maintenance and calibration program to ensure that only conforming equipment is available for use throughout the organization. Interface with external contractor and internal resources to coordinate maintenance and calibration services to be completed within the scheduled intervals. Maintain accurate records.
- Ensure timely equipment maintenance and calibrations services.
- Maintain the scheduling platform and accurate service and calibration records.
- Provide support across the organization while maintaining an excellent customer service level.
- Complete calibrations tasks following written procedures utilizing various standards.
- Coordinate calibrations services utilizing outside contractors.
- Evaluate calibration certificates for conformance to requirements and ensure accuracy.
- Archive all maintenance and calibration records for immediate recall.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Accumulated 3 to 5 years of experience in the area of equipment maintenance and calibration processes or equivalent background with successful demonstration of the key responsibilities and job knowledge.
- AA in a technical related discipline, as a minimum.
- Knowledgeable of requirements of ISO/IEC 17025 or Z540.
- Experience utilizing complex ERP systems (SAP or equivalent).
- Knowledgeable and proficient in the use of basic statistical analysis methods.
- Excellent communication skills both internally and with the external service providers.
- Have been successful in pervious roles where excellent customer service was a requirement.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- ASQ ISO/IEC 17025 certified technician
- Knowledgeable of ESD concepts and ANSI/ESD S20.20.
- Experience as auditor relative to ISO 9001, ISO/IEC 17025 or equivalent standards.