Senior Fire Alarm Inspector - Fire Service - Hayward CA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 228758
Primary Location: United States-California-Hayward
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
This position is responsible for providing visual and functional inspections on fire alarm system to comply with NFPA 25 & 72 Standards as well as state and local codes. The inspector also is responsible for completing accurate documentation of all tests performed, Joint Commission reports, and deficiency repair recommendations. Tasks also include performing minor repairs and will be required to participate in after-hours on-call rotation. Experience and knowledge of sprinkler systems, fire alarm circuitry, and fire alarm inspection frequency/test method is preferred.
- Responsible for the execution of any inspection with adherence to NFPA 25 & 72 test methods as well as local codes enforced by the AHJ.
- Meets customer expectations while performing quality inspections.
- Maintains communication with Client Service Manager and Service Operations Supervisor.
- Must be compliant with Company policies and local branch decisions.
- Maintains vehicle truck stock, expense reporting, and time-sheet entries.
- Completes Inspection & Testing Reports and Joint Commission Reports accurately and delivers to customer with minimal to no errors. Inputs, retrieves, and archives inspection documentation via assigned laptop computer. Makes minor repairs when authorized.
- Complete assigned inspections on time. Calls in for service when job is completed ahead of time.
- Maintains professional and timely communication with customers to assure problem resolution.
- Is conscience of job hazards and able to enforce safety policies.
- Organizes and effectively utilizes technical resources, information, material, and team-support to assure efficient execution of all assigned tasks.
- Required education: High School Diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience: Two years of experience in service, installation, inspections, sales or management in the fire alarm industry.
- Required travel: 5%
- Other requirements:
- Must have working knowledge of fire alarm panels, devices, and auxiliary outputs. Strong working knowledge of life safety and local and national NFPA codes.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- NICET Level 1 in Fire Alarm or Inspection & Testing of Fire Alarm Systems or ability to obtain in 12 months.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends and holidays as well as alternative shifts or work nights when required.
- Must have excellent communications skills (written and verbal) in English, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
Preferred education: AC/DC or Electronics schooling.
Working knowledge of fire pump, Vesda, Sensitivity testing equipment, DB meter, multi-meter.
Knowledge of fire alarm circuitry, associated low voltage systems and basic fire alarm maintenance capabilities is a plus.
NICET I or NICET II certification in fire alarm systems.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.