Business Unit: Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 228804
Primary Location: United States-New York-Painted Post
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit:
Coordinates purchases and deliveries of assigned commodities and/or services in a manner that is consistent with our company policies, performance goals and objectives.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in supply chain, business or technical curriculum
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience required (over 4 years preferred)
- Must obtain a C.P.M. within 1-2 years of position effective date
- Strong written and oral communication in English language
- Highly skilled with Microsoft office products (Power Point, Word and Excel)
- Must be customer focused and a collaborative team player
- Ability to assess priorities, demonstrate flexibility and understand sense of urgency
- Self motivated, demonstrate problem solving abilities, continuous improvement and decision making skills
- Purchase parts and services at best savings and value for the company and affiliates.
- Develop strategies to reduce lead-times and improve cycle-times for your assigned commodities and part families
- Establish working partnership and good relations with suppliers.
- Maintains the integrity of purchasing data on the computer based planning system with error free transactions.
- Coordinates with suppliers to meet customer requirements and the requirements of the shop floor and ensures these requirements are clearly defined and communicated.
- Develops in conjunction with proper planning function, inventory plans that insure inventory levels are adequate, but not excessive.
- Participates in an effective cost improvement and savings program for purchased materials and/or services.
- Evaluates supplier performance using the Company supplier rating model, and participates in continuous improvement efforts with suppliers.
- Supports project management and selling efforts during the proposal and order processing stages.
- Process scrap or reworked parts to supplier and follow the required documentation process.
- Follow all purchasing procedures.
- Adhere to accounting rules and procedures with respect to purchasing in terms of pricing, process and payments.
- Manager vendor delivery performance of 96% or better on time delivery.
- Proactively prevent and manage defects with each of your suppliers.
- Act as a backup to other buyers that are out of the office.