Sr. Staff Research Scientist, clinical collaboration for next generation medical imaging technologies
Business Unit: Strategy & Innovation
Requisition Number: 228817
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Doctorate Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
The Digital Technologies and Innovation team of Siemens Healthcare Digital Services has an immediate opening for a clinical collaboration and technology translation expert specialized in medical image analysis, artificial intelligence and digital twin. The opening is located in Princeton, NJ. The focus will be on investigating, translating and creating clinical evidence for cutting edge technologies for advanced diagnostics and image-guided interventions to clinical practice. You will also promote, start and manage exciting clinical collaborations in AI and digital twin technologies. You will have the opportunity to interact closely with physicians while being part of our world-class research team. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find high-impact solutions to real-life, healthcare problems, with immediate feedback from the field. You will also be encouraged to publish your work in leading journals and conferences.
What are my responsibilities?
· Investigate, design and evaluate disruptive algorithms for clinical applications.
· Work on real-world problems hand-in-hand with the end users
· Gather requirements from physicians on-site, come up with innovative ideas and solutions, and test them in the field
· Support clinical evaluation and studies to create clinical evidence, including clinical collaborations
· Advance the state-of-the-art in the field, including generating patents and publications in top journals and conferences
· Work closely with physicians for clinical evaluations and feedback on advanced AI/Digital twin prototypes
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering
· 3-5+ years of experience (including Ph.D. study) in medical image analysis, machine learning, digital twin technologies with focus on real-life, clinical applications
· Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in multi-modality medical image analysis (segmentation, registration, tracking)
· Proven experience in establishing clinical collaborations and running clinical evaluations
· Strong practical and medical background, with successful demonstration of key responsibilities.
· Proven ability to promote and validate new research ideas as demonstrated by a strong publication and clinical collaboration record.
· Entrepreneurial approach who is willing to accept challenges and responsibilities.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude, with strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a technical and clinical environment.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Ability to express own ideas to colleagues with different background is required, as well as skilled to gather said and non-said requirements.
· Adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic and multi-disciplinary team