Biochemist 2 - Immunoassay Mfg Product Support
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 228861
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-East Walpole
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Are you motivated to investigate and resolve customer concerns with diagnostic test performance in the context of a cross functional team environment?
Responsibility/Scope of Work
Leads/Participates in investigations into customer complaints/manufacturing issues
- Coordinates and carries out technical investigations
- Leads/supports the implementation of corrective and preventive actions
- Leads/supports the execution of change projects
- Leads/supports the design of experiments
- Coordinates/performs experiments following written protocols and standard procedures
- Coordinates/performs data analysis
- Evaluate and witness the integrity of data generated by other contributors
- Writes internal reports and writes/reviews documentation of experiments
- Presents summarized data to various audiences including cross functional groups
- Works in the laboratory running the ADVIA Centaur family of instruments as well as the Atellica instrument with serum and other biological fluids of human and animal origin
Required knowledge/skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Medical Technology, Biology, Biochemistry, or Chemistry. Advanced degree preferred. Advance degree may be substituted for experience.
- Typical job related experience: 6+ years
- Strong understanding of immunodiagnostic technology as well as experience with immunoassays.
- Proven ability to interpret data and to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple assignments with the flexibility to switch priorities to meet business needs.
- Strong work ethic, excellent written and communication skills and ability to work as a project leader as well as an independent contributor on a team
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Protein Chemistry and chromatography knowledge and experience
- Advanced degree (i.e. MS or Ph.D.in Chemistry/Biochemistry; Immunology, etc.)
- Strong understanding and knowledge of polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies
- Strong understanding and knowledge of statistical methods to assess immunoassay performance
- Experience with automated immunoassay analyzers and/or ELISA and chemiluminescent technology
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications and statistical software
- Industrial diagnostics tests development or support, Clinical Laboratory; Medical Technology experience
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.