Project Manager - Fire Alarm Systems
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 228890
Primary Location: United States-Alaska-Fairbanks
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Manages large, more complex jobs or multiple projects from pre-booking to customer acceptance. Supervises, directs and motivates the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects. Ensures customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.
· Participates in pre-bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout. Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications, and codes to determine project requirements. Follows up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of job scope.
· Manages the development of project plans, in advance of project activity, assuring effective execution by the Project Team. Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
· Prepares or oversees preparation of engineering re estimate reports. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage, and control costs. Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer, and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
· Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction, or other services.
· Participates in job site final walk thru and manages the completion of all close out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions, transfers or excess materials, billings, collections and payments, and all project records.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
· BS/BA in related discipline preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 5+ years fire alarm design or fire alarm project management experience. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent contracting skills.
· An understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects.
· Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
· NICET II Fire Alarm Systems.
· Knowledgeable in all National and local Fire Alarm Codes and standards, including Building and Electrical Code.