Project Manager - Assistant (Entry Level) - Boydton, Virginia
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 228913
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Raleigh
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Industry is looking for an Assistant project manager for a Data Center customer in Boydton, Virginia. Does working for Siemens intrigue you? Are you ready to learn about the challenges of construction on a project for one of the world’s largest software manufacturer? If so, you will be asked to relocate to the vicinity of Boydton and be on the project site on a daily basis. This will be an opportunity to work closely with an experienced Siemens project manager and learn the skills of project management.
- Assist project manager in day to day jobsite activities.
- Provide on-site presence representing Siemens interests.
- Learn, understand and become an expert with Siemens systems.
- Understand construction processes, execute assignments.
- Check-in of Equipment via photo and packaging slip.
- Work in Microsoft tracking system, ensuring delivery to the site.
- Downstream Equipment Assistance:
1. Change Orders
2. Manage Releases
3. Coordinate with on-site installation contractor
- Are you a quick learner? There will be a lot to lean her, like SAP, become an expert and service customer efficiently while on site
- You will also be required to learn COMPAS and perform engineering configuration.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechnical, Electrical, Industrial or Construction.
2. Skillful in Microsoft office products; Excel, Word, etc.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Ability to work well in a team environment as well as an individual.
5. Experience in Manufacturing or Construction a plus
6. Proficient with Web based construction management systems preferred.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.