Production Tech-Pharm 3
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 228918
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
The Technician will be responsible for production work orders in the Specialty Reagent production area with focus on LOCI Technology for use on the DM ExL and Vista instruments.
· Manufacture of Intermediates and Concentrates for use in LOCI Reagents
· Manufacture of LOCI reagents used in immunodiagnostic assays.
· Operation of Spectrophotometer, pH meter, centrifuge, Pump and UV detector.
· Upgrade documents as needed in support of process improvement activities.
· Document all such activities accurately in standard production worksheets as part of
Device History Record (DHR).
· Set up and use of pumps, filtration and diafiltration equipment and sonicator
· Maintain the area procedures as prescribed.
· Comply with all regulatory agency requirements.
· Maintain high efficiency in operations.
· Understand the basics of antibody-antigen interactions.
· Interact with R&D and other functional organizations as needed.
Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· B.S degree in a relevant science (e.g. chemistry, biochemistry) and/or has experience in a related production environment
· Background with chemical reactions at various scales.
· Background in production processes relative to chemical and physical chemistry.
· Laboratory techniques used in a chemistry lab (pH, spectrophotometry, pipetting, handling of chemicals, etc.).
· Experience with small and large scale diafiltration equipment:
· Knowledge of GMP regulations.
· Knowledge of GLP.
· Strong computer skills.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Evidence of being a strong player in a team setting.
· Must be able to work independently, able to multi-task and prioritize.
· Must be a self-starter.
· Some SAP.
· Ability to work overtime and weekend as per business need.
· Ability to move containers (40-50lbs).