Manufacturing Technician II
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 228934
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Hoffman Estates
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
We currently have an exciting opening for a Manufacturing Technician to assemble and test medical equipment, as well as assemblies for mechanical calibration with software.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the ability to identify and help resolve electrical and mechanical issues, mechanical alignments, performance & quality testing and loading proprietary company software. Additionally, experienced in trouble-shooting state of the art electronics and assembling major mechanical components preferred. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to follow processes and procedures and work independently.
This position is located in Hoffman Estates, IL.
• Supports semi-complex manufacturing related studies and processes.
• Gathers and records semi-complex production information; enters data into internal computer systems.
• Participates in semi-complex repairing and retesting for product and/or manufacturing facilities. Helps develop estimates of requirements arising from process changes.
• Resolves semi-complex manufacturing or maintenance related problems affecting daily
• May participate in technical problem solving/troubleshooting support to a manufacturing environment.
• Participates in troubleshooting for machine operations to determine parameters for improving efficiency in a production environment.
Associate’s degree in Electronics or 1-2 years of vocational technical training required. HS diploma or
equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
Knowledge and Experience
• Demonstrates comprehensive working knowledge of a technical or specialty area, and of operations, methods, and practices.
• Generally, 2-5 years of successful experience in area of responsibility