Business Development Consultant – Real Time Locating Systems (RTLS) - Industrial Automation - MI-TX-GA-AZ-KA
Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 228937
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Troy
Other Locations: United States-Kansas-Kansas City, United States-Georgia-Norcross, United States-Arizona-Phoenix, United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 60%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Industry, Inc. has an opening for a Business Developer to support our Siemens and distributor sales teams in the USA. The Business Developer will provide expert consultative support on technical and commercial topics toward driving growth of our SIMATIC RTLS business. In collaboration with PreSales this role will support identification, nurturing and closing of opportunities.
This position will report to the Head of the RTLS business in the USA and work closely with the RTLS go-to-market team including Product Marketing, PreSales and Project Engineer.
This position may be based in major US city.
- Focus on targeted accounts for RTLS products and services related opportunities.
- Provide consultative product support to sales team, channel partners, systems integrators, OEMs, and customers (“technical advice”) relative to RTLS products and services.
- Support the sales organization to close identified opportunities.
- Support and facilitate (“knowledge transfer”) to sales & channel partners, systems integrators, OEMs and end-users.
- Manage utilization of PreSales consultants and Project Engineers for complex technical applications as necessary.
- Conduct/organize cross functional activities related to training, documentation, tools, sales, marketing and services.
- Guide the development of business plans and product introduction plans on regional basis.
- Work with Product Marketing Manager to implement marketing strategies and programs in the region.
- Roll out regional and channel partner marketing programs in association with Sales and Marketing teams.
- Provide input into the product development requirements and issues as well as competitive intelligence.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Siemens localization systems.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Education: BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge about the processes in logistics or industrial manufacturing.
- Understanding of localization technologies and their applications in industrial applications.
- Outward focused, customer oriented.
- Self-motivated individual - internally driven.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Proven ability to build trusting relationships with sales (interpersonal relationships).
- Candidate must have sales and technical experience and basic knowledge of PLC based industrial automation solution sets and architectures.
- Understanding of RTLS technologies and their applications in industrial applications.
- Ability to demonstrate the value of Siemens’ RTLS product line and our unique differentiators (Product knowledge and presentation skills).
- Ability to manage multiple opportunities and projects simultaneously.
- Typically 5-10 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above.
- Anticipated travel: 60%
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- In depth understanding of RTLS for industrial applications.
- Familiarity with common industrial applications of RTLS.
- Experience in competitive account conversions.
- Knowledge of industry value chain and typical work practices- Integrators, OEMs, End Users.