Technical Sales Support Specialist-Cypress, CA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 228944
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: No
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Are you passionate about solving some of the world's most pressing challenges and making buildings smarter, more efficient, and more productive? Are you interested in developing your career path within a global technology powerhouse which empowers employee creativity to change, challenge, and influence our business and customer relationships?
This is the career for you!
SIEMENS Building Technologies is seeking a confident and self-motivated technical building controls estimator and sales support specialist to grow our Building Automation business in the Los Angeles area in vertical markets such as Commercial Office, Healthcare, K-12, Universities, and Municipalities.
- Excellent Benefits package including, medical/dental/vision/life, matching dollar-for-dollar 401K up to 6%, generous Paid Time Off, all of which start from Day One of employment
• Provide Direct Digital Control technical support, sales aids, engineering functions (valve schedules, Variable Frequency Drive specification take-offs, Direct Digital Control take-offs, etc.) And marketing deliverables (tools, data, promotion, etc.).
• Perform pre-and post-sales activities with the customers and sales executives including selling versus
competition, new product introductions, overcoming objections, VFD specification and start-ups, lead
qualification, and other related activities.
• Assist sales executives with bid documentation (plans and specifications) and qualifications by completing and reviewing necessary bid forms.
• Support sales executives by conducting field visits that may include joint sales calls to customers and specifying engineers, technical training sessions, product presentation, and other related support functions.
• Assist sales executives with customer quoting process including job take-offs, competitive pricing and product selection.
• Coordinate with other division departments to resolve issues with customers and retain high satisfaction levels.
• Complete special projects as assigned by management.
• Manage special processes including quoting, ordering, order status maintenance and billing.
• Provide mentoring and development to lower level Sales Support Specialists.
• Assist Project Manager by defining product delivery on new applications and competitive offerings.
Required & Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Education & Experience:
• Required Education: High School Diploma, State-Accredited GED.
· Requires technical and financial expertise with an aptitude to learn and competently use company estimating tools as well as gain an understanding of value engineering, related contractual concepts and financial acumen.
· Proficient written and verbal communication in English.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Must be able to work in the U.S. without the current or future need for work Sponsorship.
· Required Travel: 5%
· Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
· Preferred Experience: Direct Digital Control field sales with end users and/or contractors of applied product(s), customer support and/or marketing experience in the Direct Digital Control industry; knowledge of HVAC industry products, applications, distribution channels, company processes, and Direct Digital Control competitors. Two years of experience in a similar technical role supporting sales teams that provides customers with a similar level of technical products and services.