Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 228948
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Responsible for operational support in compliance with PET cGMP, radiation safety program, license commitments and corporate policies in the manufacture and distribution of quality positron emitting radiopharmaceuticals to medical care providers. Provides support in all aspects of the local business including financial, human resource management, regulatory compliance and customer support.
Please note that this is a night shift position and may require flexibility to work alternative shifts as needed. .
* Production of radionuclides
* Preparation and testing of radiopharmaceuticals
* Maintaining inventory
* Ensures compliance with all regulatory commitments including the cGMP, Radiation Safety, Pharmacy laws and corporate policies and procedures and other applicable Federal, State and Local authorities
* Responsible and accountable under State Pharmacy Law, for all actions of personnel working in the permitted pharmacy area, in the absence of the Pharmacy Manager (PIC)
* Delivers and ensures performance of aseptic techniques, including sterility test and pyrogen testing per company standard operating procedures
* Ensures performance of QC procedures using analytical equipment and chemical tests per company standard operating procedures
* Maintains all applicable documents and records
* Prepares shipment of radioactive materials according to procedure and licensing authorities requirements
* Provides support in operation and maintenance of cyclotron, chemistry modules, QC equipment and associated software
* Ensures clean, orderly and safe working environment
* Participates in personnel training and staff development
* Provides support for local region pharmacies as directed
* Provides exemplary customer service, including telephone and customer visits as necessary
* Other tasks as assigned by supervisor
* Communicates effectively with a proven ability to interpret information and provide and/or follow complex instructions
* Ability to work independently and/or as part of a cross-functional team
* Strong customer relations skills
* Working knowledge of MS Windows applications
* Ability to handle 100 lb. packages
* Leads multiple non-exempt