Senior Electrical Services Specialist - Mount Prospect, IL
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 228950
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Mount Prospect
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/building-technologies.html
Siemens is seeking an Electrical Service Specialist to join our team in Chicago. Reporting to the Service Operations Supervisor, this position will support customers the throughout the Midwest area which includes Chicago, Milwaukee, Indiana, Central Illinois and St. Louis, and the Quad Cities.
· Performs complex installation and checkout of electric and electronic components for systems and service installed jobs and service agreements associated with maintenance and testing of: switchgear, motor control centers, circuit breakers, panel boards, transformers, surge protection devices, battery systems maintenance and testing, power monitoring systems, power quality meters and protective relay maintenance. Provide installation of additional corrective wiring and Buss bar modifications to existing power distribution systems.
· Performs emergency troubleshooting of power distribution products and 3rd party equipment.
· Performs service upgrades, reconditioning, retrofits, etc. for its low voltage power distribution products and systems.
· Coordinates with or advises supervision about the requirements for material and supplies to ensure timely delivery to the job site.
· Provides instructions to customer personnel regarding proper operations and routine inspections and assists with training and system acceptance.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· High school diploma or Board of Education approved GED.
· Generally, 1-5 years of successful experience in the Electrical Services business
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
· Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
· Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
· Individual will be provided with a company lettered vehicle
· Regular day shift hours are subject to change due to customer maintenance/project requirements
· Individual will participate in the After Hours on-call rotation.
· Individual may be required to provide backup to on call person due to emergency circumstances
· Travel required throughout the Midwest area which includes Chicago, Milwaukee, Indiana, Central Illinois and St. Louis, and the Quad Cities
· Knowledge with PQ meters, WinPM software, Familiar with Siemens GIS, AIS, WL, RL and SB breakers and switchgear.
· Experienced at performing mechanical maintenance, overhaul and reassembly of medium and low voltage circuit breakers.
· Experienced at electrical testing, including but not limited to primary current injection testing, resistance testing, dielectric testing, and thermal scans on medium and low voltage electrical systems.
· Experienced at utilizing electrical test sets to perform AC and DC High Potential testing, Transformer Turns Ratio testing, Transformer Power Factor testing and other power system tests practices and procedures.
· Skilled at interpreting protective coordination studies, testing and configuring protective relays.
· Capable of reading bill of materials, electrical blueprints and power system study reports.
· Experienced on installation, commissioning and maintenance of low and medium voltage power distributions systems.
· Familiar with the Arc Flash and Shock Hazards of 13.8 kV and below electrical equipment.
· Familiar with ANSI, NEC, NFPA, IEEE, and NETA codes and standards.
· Experience integrating Siemens and third party devices into Siemens WinPM Power Monitoring Software & Maintaining the WinPM system.
· Experience writing custom PLC program to provide additional data to WinPM system using Modbus and Profibus,
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred.
· AVO, NETA, and NICET certifications not required but preferred.